Desktop
Zotac 3090
AMD 5950x
Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Hero 
2x16gb 3600mhz Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 
ASUS ROG STRIX 1000W MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD
Windows 10 Home
Latest Drivers
9843 - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/60559309?

What I have done so far:
-Updated drivers manually
-Checked if the power plan from windows 10 and Nvidia were on high performances
-Reinstalling drivers 
-Reinstalling windows 10
-Installing drivers

-Reinstalling drivers(again)

Nothing else comes to my mind just that a component might be bricked. Also the company I got my pc from rejected a RMA for not having enough evidences. Maybe they know a solution and don't want to share it. I am opened to opinions. Any help is appreciated 🙏

While your CPU is within an acceptable margin, albeit on the lower side, your GPU scores seem abnormally low. What are your temps like when running Time Spy?

1 minute ago, GalacticRuler said:

While your CPU is within an acceptable margin, albeit on the lower side, your GPU scores seem abnormally low. What are your temps like when running Time Spy?

It says "Average temperature 65 °C" in the results.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

4 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

It says "Average temperature 65 °C" in the results.

Check if you have XMP profiles on. If you don't, that's probably the cause of your low CPU scores, but your GPU scores are odd. It doesn't seem like it's bricked, since a bad GPU would generally hard lock your computer when put under stress. What are your framerates in games, outside of 3DMark? If they are normal, try running Cinebench and Furmark, either separately or together. It could be that 3DMark isn't playing nicely with your computer, for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, GalacticRuler said:

Check if you have XMP profiles on. If you don't, that's probably the cause of your low CPU scores, but your GPU scores are odd. It doesn't seem like it's bricked, since a bad GPU would generally hard lock your computer when put under stress. What are your framerates in games, outside of 3DMark? If they are normal, try running Cinebench and Furmark, either separately or together. It could be that 3DMark isn't playing nicely with your computer, for whatever reason.

I don't have the best/most optimised games to test it on to ber fair. Only Cold War(50-70 fps max out 1440p and dlss on) and Cyberpunk(a mess...i don't even know anymore if it is 30 fps or 50 fps because it varies alot...settings maxed out with dlss on 1440p). During this games the gpu fans ramp up like crazy to 100% but the temperature is stable at 65 degrees. 

I also need to mention that the xmp profiles are on.

1 minute ago, Kickim said:

I don't have the best/most optimised games to test it on to ber fair. Only Cold War(50-70 fps max out 1440p and dlss on) and Cyberpunk(a mess...i don't even know anymore if it is 30 fps or 50 fps because it varies alot...settings maxed out with dlss on 1440p). During this games the gpu fans ramp up like crazy to 100% but the temperature is stable at 65 degrees. 

I also need to mention that the xmp profiles are on.

Try running Cinebench and Furmark, and see how those scores compare to the averages of the same hardware.

alright. just give me a moment and I will post the results

11 minutes ago, Kickim said:

alright. just give me a moment and I will post the results

Your GPU seems to be limited, avg clock frequency is very low.  Check Nvidia control panel to make sure there's no power limits in place.

low.JPG

9 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Your GPU seems to be limited, avg clock frequency is very low.  Check Nvidia control panel to make sure there's no power limits in place.

low.JPG

Hi.

I just checked it once again to be sure. It is on maximum performance 

2 minutes ago, Kickim said:

cinebench multi score:24692 pts with average temperature around 70 degrees

fullmark: 

https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=335288

Your CPU score is right in the average, a little above actually, but your Furmark score is even worse than your 3DMark GPU score. I think @glenalz81would have a better idea on how to help you from this point, as I don't know much about the intricacies of specific 3090 models.

5 minutes ago, GalacticRuler said:

Your CPU score is right in the average, a little above actually, but your Furmark score is even worse than your 3DMark GPU score. I think @glenalz81would have a better idea on how to help you from this point, as I don't know much about the intricacies of specific 3090 models.

glad at least the cpu is working properly. Regarding the gpu on the other hand...I tried multiple forums. Most of the people there were baffled by the results thinking that is not possible:))). I tried changing the power plan, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers,  reinstalling windows, etc...but nothing worked so far. Is it maybe from the lastest nvidia driver update? I've seen someone else with similar problem in this forum but no one has said anything there. 

1 minute ago, Kickim said:

glad at least the cpu is working properly. Regarding the gpu on the other hand...I tried multiple forums. Most of the people there were baffled by the results thinking that is not possible:))). I tried changing the power plan, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers,  reinstalling windows, etc...but nothing worked so far. Is it maybe from the lastest nvidia driver update? I've seen someone else with similar problem in this forum but no one has said anything there. 

You could try installing an older driver to see if that makes a difference, though I don't know where to get those from.

Just now, GalacticRuler said:

You could try installing an older driver to see if that makes a difference.

Yeah sure. I'll give it a try. I'll post the update in a few minutes(maybe 20 minutes)

Update after installing an older driver. Nothing changed...same results

5 hours ago, Kickim said:

ASUS ROG STRIX 1000W MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD

Have you tried the other Pcie outs from the PSU?

No, I haven't. Do you think that would be the problem? I mean regarding power there is no problem there as far as I see in Firestorm and Afterburn

13 minutes ago, Kickim said:

No, I haven't. Do you think that would be the problem? I mean regarding power there is no problem there as far as I see in Firestorm and Afterburn

How many power cables do you have coming off the PSU to the GPU. Try using all separate cables. No pig tails if possible. It might be power limited.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

11 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

How many power cables do you have coming off the PSU to the GPU. Try using all separate cables. No pig tails if possible. It might be power limited.

I have 2 separate cables coming from the psu. 

3 minutes ago, Kickim said:

I have 2 separate cables coming from the psu. 

Have you tried running HWinfo while you're running one of these tests?

If not, download that, run it in the background while you run a stress test. Go to sensors tab, down to GPU. If you can, run the test and the upload a picture? You're looking for something like below.

Spoiler

bfaa92f2d45436c4a76fdf02d8665e3b.png

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Have you tried running HWinfo while you're running one of these tests?

If not, download that, run it in the background while you run a stress test. Go to sensors tab, down to GPU. If you can, run the test and the upload a picture? You're looking for something like below.

Hide contents

bfaa92f2d45436c4a76fdf02d8665e3b.png

Yeah sure. Just give me some time. I need to get back home first

image.png.bedb385c14542a09e79f7e0919f80e85.png hi again. I got this warning and I don't actually know if I should just disable it or not. 

1 hour ago, Kickim said:

image.png.914396f0f6ae7bfd1c8040a553c380e5.png I finished a benchmark and this was the state of my gpu during its performance.

https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=335742

Sorry, you didn't quote me so I didn't get a notification. 

You see where it says "GPU Perfor..." Just below Fan2, can you click that carrot and open the menu? That "Yes" means something is limiting your performance and the information there will say if it's thermal, power, or it thinks it should be idle.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?