is it worth it

FakeFBI

so lately i've been researching about some racing games like wangan midnight and initial d extreme stage and stuff, 

the poit is should i literaly get a ps3 or ps2 for older racing games like those of above and more like gran turismo and stuff, or is there some way to get it on steam or a emulator

16 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

If you're looking for a more authentic experience, then buying the actual console (as long as you can find one for a good price) is the best idea. If you don't really mind emulating, there are PS3 and PS2 emulators.

https://rpcs3.net/

https://pcsx2.net/

this stuff free?

EDIT: @NZgamer also btw what system specs are recommended, or can it run on a potato

17 hours ago, NZgamer said:

Both are open-source, so yes they're free 

i read something about needing your own games and using blue ray, should i just buy and blue ray and the game, and do i need a software besides the emulators

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

I'm not too knowledgable on this but yes, copying your own Blu Rays is the best way to do it. There's another way but that would probably be against CS...

Stealing the Blu-Rays?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

7 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

Stealing the Blu-Rays?

no, its against CS so i'm not gonna say it, best way to buy blu ray that's compatible then buy ps3 wangan midnight and initial d, then enjoy