RTX 3080 ROG STRIX Quiet vs Performance mode?

So I managed to get a 3080 strix and was wondering about quiet mode vs performance mode. I couldn’t really find a lot of info on this so I was hoping someone here might help. Right now I have it set to quiet mode. I have 3 intake fans and 3 exhaust fans. In borderlands 3 with badass settings at 1440p I max out at 74c. Is this a good safe temp? Other than the coil whine which I can’t fix and have always dealt with it throughout the several gpu’s I’ve owned I definitely appreciate the quiet factor considering how close my pc to me is. I imagine that performance mode would enable a more aggressive fan curve. I had a 3070 FE before this and would max out At about 71-72c. Obviously the 3080 is more powerful and this version comes overclocked so I would imagine this increase in temp is normal. I might be overthinking this but hey that’s who I am lol. Anyway, thank you for any potential help. 

I wouldn't start worrying about temps until you hit 80 degree Celsius. I believe the max safe temp is 85. Anyways the card will simply downclock itself anyways if it gets too hot. Performance mode likely has a higher boost clock and faster fan speeds than quite mode.