Custom SFF Case - 9.3L (not final), L12S + 3090 FE support

SFFDesigns

Hello!

I've been working on this project for a little while, but only now am I ready to somewhat show it (outside of the SFF discord). I can't guarantee anything about the case coming to market or being finished at all, but I'm enjoying working on it so far. Anyway, I'll just list everything I have for now:

The Specs:

CPU Cooler Clearance: 70mm (NH L12S)

GPU Clearance: 3-slot, 320mm (I'd recommend sticking to something a bit shorter, like the 3090 FE, if possible)

Fan Support: 120x25mm fan below PSU

Volume: 9.3L external (L12S adds a lot of width compared to the T1 for example that is only 133mm, compared to ~155 + panels w/L12S support).

I've also added distance between PSU and GPU (PSU offset) as well as a spine that does not block the FE airflow path, so thermals with the FE card should be decent. 

No water-cooling support, the T1 already exists with similar GPU compatibility (3090 FE fits in 3-slot mode no problem) and if you want to water-cool the CPU there is no point in having the 70mm of cooler clearance in most cases. As I said, if you'd like to water-cool, I'd point you towards the excellent FormD T1.

ITX_Case_v54_Final_Render.thumb.jpg.72d6d86a0da5c03cab4a038dc95af8ab.jpg

Here is a render of the upcoming second prototype (testing first prototype right now, to make sure GPU PCIe slot alignment is correct and such). Side panels done too, but they are not in this render. 

63959836228__133FE31B-8FA4-4879-8146-5D6FDB809C3D.thumb.jpeg.5fd0b916673ee588f59537071bc59c2a.jpeg

Here's a picture of the first "prototype" (it's really just to test fit, no panels on this one). I basically just wanted to make sure the GPU fit in the slot and locks in properly, and thankfully I was able to seat the spare GTX 1050 I have without too many issues (took a couple tries since I didn't want to break the plastic by pushing into the slot too hard) so my measurements seem to be correct enough for the riser positioning. I still need to test the motherboard, but after that I should be ready to move on to the second prototype (with panels and all).

Anyway, that's all I have for now, I'll hopefully update this thread as I make progress. 

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

12 minutes ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

I can't guarantee anything about the case coming to market or being finished at all, but I'm enjoying working on it so far.

Custom case aren't always meant to be mass produced all the time, sometimes just you having it with schematics publicly available already makes an impact. Love the CAD render looks, i'm gonna guess you take a lot of inspiration from Lian Li PC-O11 design language?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

i'm gonna guess you take a lot of inspiration from Lian Li PC-O11 design language

Yeah I can see that. Honestly though, I mostly took inspiration from the T1 with it’s “square edges”. Very similar design language though.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1