Need Help MSI R9 290x Black Screen

I'm currently running an MSI R9 290x on a really old motherboard an Asus P6T SE, I've been running the card slightly overclocked for about 2 weeks, everything was running fine I didn't have any issues. One day I'm in game and the screen suddenly glitched, went black and switched off. I tried turning the system on again but I can't even get it to boot to bios, absolutely nothing my screen, it's completely black. My PSU is a 650w from Cooler Master I don't think it's the PSU. Everything still works, fans spin on my case and GPU, LED's light up etc.

What I've tried:

1. Opening the GPU cleaning any dust and re-applying the thermal paste

2. Re-seating and cleaning the CPU

3. Tried every RAM slot with one in each slot

4. My PSU has two 6+2 Connectors and I've tried both I read somewhere it may be something to do with the 12V rail but didn't work either

5. Disconnected all inputs, keyboard, mouse etc and tried booting

6. Re-inserting all connectors on the motherboard

7. I was using a DPI to HDMI connector I switched it to HDMI to HDMI and no luck

At this point I'm completely out of options it's a really decent GPU even for today's games. I'd appreciate any help thank you!

I think your gpu just died. If it doesn't show bios it's bad. Did u try different video output? If your mobo has a lid or something for troubleshooting what does it say? I would not recommend oven method, but if u don't have nothing to loose try it. Or try it with heatgun. This is very big chip so maybe connection between core on pcb gone bad (oc old cards is not dangerous or anything like that, but it may cause higher heat output and that end it. This could happen even without oc but a little bit later) 

On 4/8/2021 at 6:18 PM, tomcer2003 said:

I think your gpu just died. If it doesn't show bios it's bad. Did u try different video output? If your mobo has a lid or something for troubleshooting what does it say? I would not recommend oven method, but if u don't have nothing to loose try it. Or try it with heatgun. This is very big chip so maybe connection between core on pcb gone bad (oc old cards is not dangerous or anything like that, but it may cause higher heat output and that end it. This could happen even without oc but a little bit later) 

I've tried all the outputs available I know it's not any of my cables, my mobo doesn't have a troubleshooting feature; at this point I've just accepted it's a dead GPU, I've opened it up to see if anything looks odd or burnt or blown but everything is clean. I recently tried the oven method and still no luck, LED's still work though

14 hours ago, Threeonexo said:

I've tried all the outputs available I know it's not any of my cables, my mobo doesn't have a troubleshooting feature; at this point I've just accepted it's a dead GPU, I've opened it up to see if anything looks odd or burnt or blown but everything is clean. I recently tried the oven method and still no luck, LED's still work though

If I have multimeter try to measure the resistance of gpu and mem rails. Gpu should have around 1 ohm and 0.5 ohms(it could be higher but can't exceed 2 ohms) . And memory should be about 63 ohms. And try to measure all the rails. Try to find similar gpu on Google. I think Actual Hardcore overclocking (it's YouTube chanal) have a lot of videos of r9 290x. If I remember correctly he also made video about your problem.