My Fans Have A Mind Of Their Own

Turgler

Hello,

I have become a total band wagoner, I yesterday rebuilt my rig in a Lian Li O11D with new fans. The fans I am now using are the Cooler Master Masterfan MF120 Halos in white to go with my white case. I couldn't bear the though of not filling out this case so I have 9 of these fans. I am using the provided fan splitters that come in the fan 3 packs, these are pwm fans that I'm running in pwm mode on an Asus B550-F gaming mobo. All fans are set to the silent performance curve in the bios and the fans for my AIO are plugged into the CPU_FAN header. I am only running 3 fans per header. However randomly 1 fan at a time will ramp up to presumably max speed and the other fans on the same splitter will not. I am thinking it is most likely the included splitters, however I want a more experienced opinion. The ramp up is not immediate it is several minutes after startup. And my AIO pump is plugged in of course to the AIO pump header and and my temps are great. As well as the random fan in question will also ramp down.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, EK 360mm AIO D-RGB, and 37 degrees at idle, and a max of 71 degrees running cinebench r23 on multicore.

have you tried doing your own fan curve?

also what happens to the fans if connected to the aio ?

Asus has a very annoying fan curve configurator in their bios. I cant make a fun curve quieter than their silent profile, and I'm not following about plugging them into the AIO. Theres no actual fan headers on the AIO if that's what you mean

Can you make it so the fans only spin at a fraction of their max speed even in the hottest condition?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |