Rate this build (go easy, I'm an older guy)

Tophlor

Budget (including currency): $3500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe Photoshop suite, MS Office, Wondershare

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I built this in October 2019, budget wasn't a concern. I wanted a rig that would last me a few years. I generally get 4 years before I get the itch to upgrade.

ASUS MoBo - Prime X299 Deluxe II

CPU - Intel Core I9 9900X

RAM - Corsair CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 DDR4 (32 MB total)

GPU - NVIDA GeForce RTX-2080 Super

Boot Drive - NVMe Samsung 970 PRO 512 MB

Data Drive - NVMe Samsung 970 PRO 1 TB

Power - Corsair AX1000

Cooler - NZXT Kracken 72 360 mm Radiator

Additional fans 6 - Noctua in push pull added to the case fans

OS - Win 10 Pro

Lots of additional HDD storage for pictures and sound (music).

What are your thoughts of this build? It is my second build. I am 60 years old and a computer fan since the early days. I have kept current on tech and wanted a build that would enable me to eventually do some VR in addition to my photo and Drone hobby.

I am currently overclocked at 28% the system generally runs at 37-42 degrees C and at full tilt when rendering doesn't go above 71C

190097804_NewBeast2019.jpg

4.5 stars 

proper RGB and a high preforming pc but the price is out of this world

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

games i play: krunker (sometimes), valorant, and csgo

6 minutes ago, Tophlor said:

RAM - Corsair CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 DDR4 (32 MB total)

32MB 😂😂💀💀

The parts are on the premium side, but nothing majorly wrong with it

Have fun computing

I might've built is differently, say, thread ripper perhaps, but I'm not sure if Intel suits your tasks better since it highly depends on the software you use

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Great parts. My only complaint is cable management. I would take a velcro strap or 2 and bundle up and tighten up the cabling in the bottom and try and hid as much as you can behind the motherboard tray. Route your GPU PCIe power cables the the grommet behind it and come up from underneath the GPU that way, or go over the top, either way will make it look significantly better internally. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I don't see a problem with this system, might want to upgrade to a 3060 at least when they become available.

3 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Great parts. My only complaint is cable management. I would take a velcro strap or 2 and bundle up and tighten up the cabling in the bottom and try and hid as much as you can behind the motherboard tray. Route your GPU PCIe power cables the the grommet behind it and come up from underneath the GPU that way, or go over the top, either way will make it look significantly better internally. 

I will work on fixing the cables a little more.  The airflow is great

1 hour ago, RyanTripleSeven said:

I don't see a problem with this system, might want to upgrade to a 3060 at least when they become available.

When they come available, yes.

3 hours ago, Moonzy said:

32MB 😂😂💀💀

Have fun computing

I might've built is differently, say, thread ripper perhaps, but I'm not sure if Intel suits your tasks better since it highly depends on the software you use

Intel was King back then. This was amongst the fastest CPU's available.

3 hours ago, Moonzy said:

32MB 😂😂💀💀

Have fun computing

Do you feel I should have more RAM?  I have never run into a RAM deficiency. I monitor it at all times. What would you suggest?

3 hours ago, resolve_beta said:

4.5 stars 

proper RGB and a high preforming pc but the price is out of this world

Remember that I had to buy a case and a monitor too.  The case is Thermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass Snow Edition 4-Sided Tempered Glass E-ATX Vertical GPU Modular Gaming Full Tower Computer Case CA-1I7-00F6WN-00 and my monitor id a Dell

5 minutes ago, Tophlor said:

Intel was King back then. This was amongst the fastest CPU's available.

Last October? Hmm... Not by then I think

There's the 3950x or threadrippers, but your chip isn't bad nonetheless, it's still a good chip

Edit: oh 2019 isn't last year rip, but there's still threadripper and 3950x, tho the 3950x was a unicorn back then

3 minutes ago, Tophlor said:

Do you feel I should have more RAM?  I have never run into a RAM deficiency. I monitor it at all times. What would you suggest?

Nah I was laughing at MB instead of GB, proves how old you are (no offense ❤️), I guess, if you mentioned RAM in MB.

Only add capacity if you need it, if it is never not enough then you should be good

1 hour ago, RyanTripleSeven said:

This a typo, right?

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This a typo, right?

I mean a 3080 if he wanted to go all out, but you really can't go wrong with the price to performance ratio of a 3060 or 3060 ti

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Last October? Hmm... Not by then I think

There's the 3950x or threadrippers, but your chip isn't bad nonetheless, it's still a good chip

Edit: oh 2019 isn't last year rip, but there's still threadripper and 3950x, tho the 3950x was a unicorn back then

Nah I was laughing at MB instead of GB, proves how old you are (no offense ❤️), I guess, if you mentioned RAM in MB.

Only add capacity if you need it, if it is never not enough then you should be good

Oh shit, my bad. GB is correct. Good catch. Long day

6 minutes ago, RyanTripleSeven said:

I mean a 3080 if he wanted to go all out, but you really can't go wrong with the price to performance ratio of a 3060 or 3060 ti

OP has a 2080S, he should be great to skip this gen tbh, esp with the chaos that's happening now

4 minutes ago, Tophlor said:

Oh shit, my bad. GB is correct. Good catch. Long day

All good

16 minutes ago, RyanTripleSeven said:

Yes you can, a 3060 (I think the Ti is too) is slower than a 2080 Super.

I think you're missing a fan on the 360mm AIO, but other than that, the build looks fine.

Also how did you get the 9990XE? Those things are beasts, but iirc Intel only sold them to System Integrators.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

18 hours ago, arnavvr said:

I think you're missing a fan on the 360mm AIO, but other than that, the build looks fine.

Also how did you get the 9990XE? Those things are beasts, but iirc Intel only sold them to System Integrators.

I did not have the room on the AIO for the 6th fan due to the PIN connectors for the MoBo. Since I had 5 Noctua fans already on the AIO, I felt I was covered. I also have three other inlet fans and one exhaust fan.  The airflow of the case has open air around the entire front and back of the case so I have no static pressure build up.  I have smoke tested the flow and it manages air beautifully. As I have stated in previous posts, the CPU temps never go into the 60's and the GPU fans are rarely on for long.

This case rocks air flow.

As to the CPU, when I was getting my parts together, I was able to buy it from NewEgg without any issue.  Of course, there were no discounts available.