Need Help! Are Secret Lab Chairs worth it?

Go to solution Solved by King of Memes,

Gaming chairs just aren't worth it, get an ergonomic office chair instead, you'll get better build quality, better ergonomics, and better look IMO, all for the same price or lower. I would say, go to a store physically (if u can) and find a chair in the price range your looking for thats comfortable.

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and need some help! I'm looking for a new chair for my room/gaming setup, and after lots of research, I'm wanting to get the Secret Lab Titan Horde Edition chair, and here is the link to it incase you need to see for yourself- https://secretlab.co/collections/titan-series#titan_2020-horde

I've never owned or sat in a racing style "gaming" chair, so I have no clue what it would feel like or if lasts a very time. I do know this is really a personal preference situation, but I don't want to risk buying a chair for $400+ in which I will not like. Please let me know if this a good idea or not, your experiences with a similar style of chair or secret labs themselves, and other chairs that would benefit me more than this one in the long run, as this would be very helpful! (Also nothing over $450 as I'm on budget) 

Thank you!

Gaming chairs just aren't worth it, get an ergonomic office chair instead, you'll get better build quality, better ergonomics, and better look IMO, all for the same price or lower. I would say, go to a store physically (if u can) and find a chair in the price range your looking for thats comfortable.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

6 minutes ago, Percival2644 said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and need some help! I'm looking for a new chair for my room/gaming setup, and after lots of research, I'm wanting to get the Secret Lab Titan Horde Edition chair, and here is the link to it incase you need to see for yourself- https://secretlab.co/collections/titan-series#titan_2020-horde

I've never owned or sat in a racing style "gaming" chair, so I have no clue what it would feel like or if lasts a very time. I do know this is really a personal preference situation, but I don't want to risk buying a chair for $400+ in which I will not like. Please let me know if this a good idea or not, your experiences with a similar style of chair or secret labs themselves, and other chairs that would benefit me more than this one in the long run, as this would be very helpful! (Also nothing over $450 as I'm on budget) 

Thank you!

As far as gaming chairs go they're pretty good. Build is good, overall comfort is good but the foam used on it is pretty firm. I've had a problem with the chair making noises when I tilted the seat, it's not that bad and might just have been a qc issue. I'd recommend watching the gamers nexus video about gaming and office chairs, maybe It'll change your mind about them. I can say for sure that after getting a titan, my posture while sitting took a pretty hard decline, and sometimes I catch myself hunching over way, way too much. Comfort-wise I like it, but damn, that posture. Currently I'm thinking about switching it out for an ergonomic chair. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

2 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

As far as gaming chairs go they're pretty good. Build is good, overall comfort is good but the foam used on it is pretty firm. I've had a problem with the chair making noises when I tilted the seat, it's not that bad and might just have been a qc issue. I'd recommend watching the gamers nexus video about gaming and office chairs, maybe It'll change your mind about them. I can say for sure that after getting a titan, my posture while sitting took a pretty hard decline, and sometimes I catch myself hunching over way, way too much. Comfort-wise I like it, but damn, that posture. Currently I'm thinking about switching it out for an ergonomic chair. 

So your saying that it is good, it's just your posture that gets messed up, even with the built in lumbar support, correct? I already have a bad back, and that's why I'm switching to another chair, so in would a secret lab chair make it better or worse I'm wondering? 

1 minute ago, Percival2644 said:

So your saying that it is good, it's just your posture that gets messed up, even with the built in lumbar support, correct? I already have a bad back, and that's why I'm switching to another chair, so in would a secret lab chair make it better or worse I'm wondering? 

Most likely. The chair doesn't straight-up, and when I set the back of the chair to be as straight as possible, and scooch to the back of the seat, The lumbar is a little too low for me. I naturally gravitate to trying to correct, which gives me a worse posture. Then I start to lean forward for some unknown reason when the chair is straight-up after a period of time. Sitting with good posture in this chair just isn't comfortable. Usually I end up slouching a lot or tilting the back of my chair around 20 degrees. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

17 hours ago, Percival2644 said:

In my opinion, I don't think so. The purpose of a "ergonomic" chair is to guide your body to sit with the right posture, and what @Brok3n But who cares?said seems like the opposite.
Based on that, I would not recommend the Secret Lab chair, its your typical flat back racing seat knockoff on a wheelbase. Even though there is a "lumbar support", you can only adjust the depth of the support, you can't adjust the position of it on your spine.
For around 400 usd, Autonomous's ErgoChair 2 is my recommendation: https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

big man big w!

3 hours ago, ProBottler said:

In my opinion, I don't think so. The purpose of a "ergonomic" chair is to guide your body to sit with the right posture, and what @Brok3n But who cares?said seems like the opposite.
Based on that, I would not recommend the Secret Lab chair, its your typical flat back racing seat knockoff on a wheelbase. Even though there is a "lumbar support", you can only adjust the depth of the support, you can't adjust the position of it on your spine.
For around 400 usd, Autonomous's ErgoChair 2 is my recommendation: https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

Thank you for your recommendation. I can see your point, and just wondering if the Ergo chair 2 or something similar to it has a multi tilt function, where you can tilt the angle of the seat and lock it in place, kinda like how a car seat is angle upwards or in a very small "zero gravity" state? I’m pretty sure it’s called Multifunction Mechanism. That's what drew me towards the Secret Lab chair in the first place.