Would you switch to Linux (assuming u already aren't using linux) if it had the vast selection of software that windows has?

King of Memes

Would you switch to Linux (assuming u already aren't using linux) if it had the vast selection of software that windows has?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you switch to Linux (assuming u already aren't using linux) if it had the vast selection of software that windows has?

I occasionally use linux for repairs but since the fast majority of software/games is windows. Is the reason why I use it.

Proud owner of a custom water cooled Ryzen 1400. 5800x  

Gaming sucks on Linux and will for a very long time until Linux zealots stop thinking they are superior and actually offer real help to those asking for it.

And if you complain they will then gaslight you saying you should have asked, too much dim-witted false facade of intelligence between Linux users.

They also over-simplify what is not simple.

But my personal experiences of Linux kernels are not the same as how I view the community.

4 minutes ago, Zulu-Cheese-Alpha-IV said:

Gaming sucks on Linux and will for a very long time until Linux zealots stop thinking they are superior and actually offer real help to those asking for it.

And if you complain they will then gaslight you saying you should have asked, too much dim-witted false facade of intelligence between Linux users.

They also over-simplify what is not simple.

But my personal experiences of Linux kernels are not the same as how I view the community.

you just need to know where to search. Theres plenty of help out there. The linux Community is the greatest solidarity project that has ever existed in the history of mankind 😄

Just now, Haraikomono said:

you just need to know where to search. Theres plenty of help out there. The linux Community is the greatest solidarity project that has ever existed in the history of mankind 😄

So if we have on the surface "PC masterrace"

We have excuses for things in truck loads with Linux whilst avoiding real critique.

And when the help does not work? Most of the time "well I installed it on 10 quadrillion machines and only 4 of them gave me issues"

🙃

1 minute ago, Zulu-Cheese-Alpha-IV said:

So if we have on the surface "PC masterrace"

We have excuses for things in truck loads with Linux whilst avoiding real critique.

And when the help does not work? Most of the time "well I installed it on 10 quadrillion machines and only 4 of them gave me issues"

🙃

Theres no community that discrimates against critique, we accept everyone and offer help that is needed.

Of course if the question is whether to put the usb drive up side or down side, then there might be a slight issue elsewhere.

you could say the same to linux machines, all your infrastructure you see outside is in one way or another connected to linux, its more stable, more secure, faster, better,

customizable and the knowledge to learn the thing from ground up is availiable for everyone for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

Theres no community that discrimates against critique, we accept everyone and offer help that is needed.

Of course if the question is whether to put the usb drive up side or down side, then there might be a slight issue elsewhere.

you could say the same to linux machines, all your infrastructure you see outside is in one way or another connected to linux, its more stable, more secure, faster, better,

customizable and the knowledge to learn the thing from ground up is availiable for everyone for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You seem to be making absolutely nonsensical comparisons to my points. Likely because you view my words as such too, which proves my entire point.

You sound like an advertising machine rather than anything helpful.

Most Windows users when encountering issues will group together, emphasize, know a solid approach, Linux users, point fingers and pretend you don't have problems.

Goes hand in hand with stuffy, narcissistic personalities though. I am special because I use something different or accentuate how special they are.

11 minutes ago, Zulu-Cheese-Alpha-IV said:

You seem to be making absolutely nonsensical comparisons to my points. Likely because you view my words as such too, which proves my entire point.

You sound like an advertising machine rather than anything helpful.

Most Windows users when encountering issues will group together, emphasize, know a solid approach, Linux users, point fingers and pretend you don't have problems.

Goes hand in hand with stuffy, narcissistic personalities though. I am special because I use something different or accentuate how special they are.

funny since I am responsible for couple hundred windows Machine, and couple thousand linux machines and never had any issue as being seen narcissistic by my collegeaus 😄 but the more you know 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

2 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

funny since I am responsible for couple hundred windows Machine, and couple thousand linux machines and never had any issue as being seen narcissistic by my collegeaus 😄 but the more you know 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

I never directly called you a narc, every human has narc tendencies. Some people have a character more based on the extremes of it though and it is prevalent in some areas, people with expensive hardware showing off and pointing down on others and console users. Linux users over Windows users.

The problem is, this tendency can be infectious if you have no solid grasp of seeing it.

Just now, Zulu-Cheese-Alpha-IV said:

I never directly called you a narc, every human has narc tendencies. Some people have a character more based on the extremes of it though and it is prevalent in some areas, people with expensive hardware showing off and pointing down on others and console users. Linus users over Windows users.

i get your point, but this is simply the thruth.

Microsoft is really nice, but they started a movement where they deprived us from our freedom and made everything propiertary. Sure, They caused the massive improvements in computing and software development, but at what cost ? For not being able to change your OS in a way thats suited best for you.

practically they caused the industrial revolution in terms of Software Development, but knows the Age of Enlightenment where Linux will reign over the world, and everyone will be free 😄

Just now, Haraikomono said:

i get your point, but this is simply the thruth.

Microsoft is really nice, but they started a movement where they deprived us from our freedom and made everything propiertary. Sure, They caused the massive improvements in computing and software development, but at what cost ? For not being able to change your OS in a way thats suited best for you.

practically they caused the industrial revolution in terms of Software Development, but knows the Age of Enlightenment where Linux will reign over the world, and everyone will be free 😄

As much as I agree, in a world where money matters to a point and there is value in what you bring forwards, I don't condemn Microsoft at all, I do when it's money making function is stripping away creativity and purposely holding back others.

That I don't truly see though. Nvidia, AMD & Intel are actually far worse culprits.

TWIMTBP, AMD Gaming evolved, Intel's compiler.

It seems like jealousy if anything, more so a crowd of believing the world can survive on an ideal when the world does not work that way, but it is successful in other ways, it has advantages being different to other ways other operating systems work.

5 minutes ago, Zulu-Cheese-Alpha-IV said:

As much as I agree, in a world where money matters to a point and there is value in what you bring forwards, I don't condemn Microsoft at all, I do when it's money making function is stripping away creativity and purposely holding back others.

That I don't truly see though. Nvidia, AMD & Intel are actually far worse culprits.

TWIMTBP, AMD Gaming evolved, Intel's compiler.

It seems like jealousy if anything, more so a crowd of believing the world can survive on an ideal when the world does not work that way, but it is successful in other ways, it has advantages being different to other ways other operating systems work.

the only upside to microsoft that I sincerely can give, is that it creates competition

Competition that fuels our hearts to create something better then they have, and offer the knowledge and the software for free

On 4/6/2021 at 12:19 PM, King of Memes said:

if it had the vast selection of software that windows has?

Tbh, most of the software I need is linux-only, or easier to get running on linux. I see no reason to use Windows in my case, since even WSL is really slow and cumbersome. 

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

I play games so Win10 is the only option for me on my main and secondary PCs. Also it works flawlessly, so it's the most reliable option for work.

However, I do run Lubuntu on an old laptop with a hdd, and it's pretty serviceable. Aside from breathing new life into old hardware, however, I dont see any advantage to using Linux. That being said, I'll prolly install Ubuntu Cinnamon once I get a new laptop because I love how that OS looks and because I enjoy tinkering.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

I boot linux and run windows in a vm on qemu, it's fantastic. In fact, normally I run windows 10 off a snapshot just in case I get some crapware or spyware accidentally, then just quit out and roll back the snapshot so I'm back to freshie fresh next time I start the vm. It's fantastic!

If everything ran native in Linux, I'd delete my Windows dualboot option in a heartbeat.