My friend wants to build or buy a prebuilt for $800. Is it possible with the market right now?

Budget (including currency): $800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite @144+fps , Warzone @60+fps , and a few other low demanding games.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

He's (my friend) upgrading from a Ps4 slim. Looking to buy as soon as possible. 1080p, he has a 144Hz monitor already.

A pre-buit is likely the only way to get a decent price on hardware nowadays. But in any case, you shouldn't expect 144fps for most games with the current market and this budget.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

He has a better chanse getting a prebuilt than finding a gpu on his own at a reasonably price. Some of the SI's has no or little markup on the parts used, so they are closer to MSRP than he will find in a store

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

A pre-buit is likely the only way to get a decent price on hardware nowadays. But in any case, you shouldn't expect 144fps for most games with the current market and this budget.

I've been looking around prebuilt sites for a pc $800 and below but the ones I find have miniscule parts like integrated graphics or Ryzen 3 pro or something. He needs something better than that of course but I can find anything. Help?

At the frame rates he’s looking for, probably not happening. If he’s down to learn what the hardware at that level is capable of doing, and learn how to fidget with the games video settings, then he can come darn close.

In all honesty, the ps4 might outperform the pc in some of the titles he’s looking to play. A larger budget would be better, or coming to terms with upgrading the GPU down the line.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

1 minute ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

I've been looking around prebuilt sites for a pc $800 and below but the ones I find have miniscule parts like integrated graphics or Ryzen 3 pro or something. He needs something better than that of course but I can find anything. Help?

NZXT Starter PC would probably be where i'd start to look.

Starts at $699 with a 1650 and a 9100f and can give a decent 1080p 60fps experience.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

Listen it’s your friends job to find it. You’re a guiding hand, anything you put in front of him will either make him happy or disappoint him, and the outcome has been decided long ago. Don’t stress yourself out and let your friend take the reigns, he’ll make the right decision for himself.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Just now, Jumballi said:

Listen it’s your friends job to find it. You’re a guiding hand, anything you put in front of him will either make him happy or disappoint him, and the outcome has been decided long ago. Don’t stress yourself out and let your friend take the reigns, he’ll make the right decision for himself.

He literally knows nothing about PCs lol and I'm just trying to be helpful to him. I have nothing else to do as I can't play video games on weekdays (school days) so it's something to entertain me since I consider myself a tech enthusiast. I'm doing what I love at the same time as helping a friend.

Is he just going to game with it?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Is he just going to game with it?

He probably will stream as well but if a PC for that budget can't handle gaming and streaming without sacrificing too much performance then it'll just be for gaming.

2 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

He literally knows nothing about PCs lol and I'm just trying to be helpful to him. I have nothing else to do as I can't play video games on weekdays (school days) so it's something to entertain me since I consider myself a tech enthusiast. I'm doing what I love at the same time as helping a friend.

My point here is that while you know what you want, you’ll never know exactly what your friend wants. 

When I helped a friend build a pc, he told me what targets he wanted, and so I made the most efficient pc that fit his needs, only for him to proceed to never game on it and instead buy tons of RGB accessories and the like.

Some people might be ok with compromise if it means another thing they want is fulfilled.

3 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

He probably will stream as well but if a PC for that budget can't handle gaming and streaming without sacrificing too much performance then it'll just be for gaming.

Any pc with a current or last gen nvidia GPU should be capable of doing both at the same time.

7 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

Because my main concern is the quality. Yes you can get some really good pre-builts with very high quality parts, but not for 800$

800$ will get you a GPU (1650/1660 or thereabouts) Ryzen 5, and the mobo/ram and PSU will be "budget" and that can be an issue down the road.

This:

https://www.newegg.com/skytecg-st-arch-3600-1650-500gssd-archangel-gaming-computer/p/1VK-005B-000J6

Being a prime example.

It's shiny and ticks all the right boxes, but quality is a great big ? mark,

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Any pc with a current or last gen nvidia GPU

You won't get a current or last gen nVidia GPU for 800$ by itself, much less the rest of the PC.

(I'm assuming you mean a 30xx or 20xx series, the 16xx or 10xx perhaps)

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

You won't get a current or last gen nVidia GPU for 800$ by itself, much less the rest of the PC.

(I'm assuming you mean a 30xx or 20xx series, the 16xx or 10xx perhaps)

In a prebuilt, you should be able to find last gen nvidia cards if you look in the right places.

8 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

In a prebuilt, you should be able to find last gen nvidia cards if you look in the right places.

any recommendations?