Philips Hue Sync Alternative?

hey guys,

so i was thinking of setting up ambilight with HDMI capture when i thought why not use a software screen grabber?

oh and i thought before getting a bunch of led strips id try it with my hue bulbs in the living room.

so philips hue has a software called sync which does exactly that but that function only supports philips bulbs and im using osram bulbs.

so hyperion should theoretically do that but as soon as i run the hue wizard on hyperion it crashes after a while and then every time a few second after startup.

so does anyone know software that will allow e to use non hue lights as ambilight or hue to get this working in any way?

also sorry if its in the wrong section. wasnt sure where to put it.

so in short im looking for software thatll screen grab a windows monitor and control off-brand hue light bulbs accordingly. thanks.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Could you not disassemble a hue bulb and use the controller board out of it and just do it from a hardware level?

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

Could you not disassemble a hue bulb and use the controller board out of it and just do it from a hardware level?

how do you mean?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

24 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

how do you mean?

like if you're bound to software that interfaces with only one type of hardware then change the hardware to match your needs. I'm willing to bet piggy backing off a hue bulb controller by just upping its power output abilities and using the controller board to run a new power delivery system might solve your issue. then you can use it to run whatever rgb stuff you want