HTC One (M8) is now available on Google Play for the low price of $700

TopWargamer

http://gizmodo.com/you-can-buy-the-new-htc-one-on-google-play-right-now-1551834647?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=htc_m8

_ASSASSIN_

For the low low price of ONLY $700, this phone can be yours! Okay, listen, the phone is spec'd GREAT, and it has an aluminum body, and all that jazz, but $700!? Ha...haha...HAHAHA. No. Not happening. That price to performance ratio is way off.

Why on Earth would I buy that when I could buy an Oppo Find 7, which has BETTER SPECS and keeps the metal body. So what do I recommend you do? Buy a Find 7 over the HTC One M8. The 1080p version of the Find 7 is $500, which is still a lot, but $200 LESS than the HTC One M8, and again, you get better specs. The 1440p version of the Find 7 is $600.

You can find out more about the Find 7 here: http://bgr.com/2014/03/19/oppo-find-7-specs-release-date-and-price/

EDIT: _ASSASSIN_ brought up a good point. You should all seriously be considering the OnePlus One. It has just about the same specs of the HTC One M8 but has a 3,000mAh battery. Oh, and it's made out of metal as well!

COMIC SANS

Just get one on contract and flash the ROM...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Google Play editions of phones always tend to cost more. You pay for the "privilege" of having stock Android.

Okay, so after doing some research, *going off of Verizon's website, it looks like the regular M8 will be $600 off contract. That's STILL more than the Find 7, which again, is better spec'd. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/htc-one

COMIC SANS

OnePlus One currently for me is looking better than any phone on the market because of it's insane price to performance ratio for what they are offering. Of course they haven't shown the device, but since the employees are ex oppo I have faith in them. Not only that but the phone will be manufactured in Oppo's factory. I don't like the M8 tbh because all it is is a CPU refresh which is just a new batch of SD800 and a .3 inch screen upgrade. And it looks ugly.

OnePlus One currently for me is looking better than any phone on the market because of it's insane price to performance ratio for what they are offering. Of course they haven't shown the device, but since the employees are ex oppo I have faith in them. Not only that but the phone will be manufactured in Oppo's factory. I don't like the M8 tbh because all it is is a CPU refresh which is just a new batch of SD800 and a .3 inch screen upgrade. And it looks ugly.

Other than the price, I actually like the M8. But anyways, ya, I have to agree with you on the Oneplus One there. I mean, for its sub $400 price, the phone will more than likely be made of plastic, but I personally don't care about that. And ya, those rumored specs and dat rumored 3,000mAh battery are making the OnePlus One look awesome, and will pose a serious threat to the Nexus 5 if it gets more attention here in the West.

COMIC SANS

Huehue... Find out more about the find 7... Evidently they found it out 7 times... Eh? Eh?

... I'll show myself the door

//ccap

Other than the price, I actually like the M8. But anyways, ya, I have to agree with you on the Oneplus One there. I mean, for its sub $400 price, the phone will more than likely be made of plastic, but I personally don't care about that. And ya, those rumored specs and dat rumored 3,000mAh battery are making the OnePlus One look awesome, and will pose a serious threat to the Nexus 5 if it gets more attention here in the West.

1. It's unibody alluminium

2. All specs are confirmed

- SD 801

- 13 megapixel Sony EXMOS CMOS sensor

- 5.5 inch 1080p screen phone in a form factor smaller than the Z1

- 3000 mah battery (nonremovable, but that makes it thin)

- Runs Cyanogenmod out of the box

- SD 801

Scratch out that Find 7. I'll take a OnePlus One please!

Jeez though, for $400 you're getting all of that...

COMIC SANS

Scratch out that Find 7. I'll take a OnePlus One please!

Jeez though, for $400 you're getting all of that...

ikr it's godlike. I also forgot to mention that it has always on voice similar to the Moto X.

<Bought an HTC One with Cyanogen Mod preinstalled on it for $250 used but in very good condition.

I wouldn't choose otherwise. I love this phone now. :3

I don't understand phone stuff, so... have fun with your moneyz guyz.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

ikr it's godlike. I also forgot to mention that it has always on voice similar to the Moto X.

My mouth is watering so hard right now.

(Okay not really, but the OnePlus One is seriously sounding awesome.)

COMIC SANS

<Bought an HTC One with Cyanogen Mod preinstalled on it for $250 used but in very good condition.

I wouldn't choose otherwise. I love this phone now. :3

I don't understand phone stuff, so... have fun with your moneyz guyz.

don't understand the hype with cyanogen but sure.. I guess.

It's only because it's been around the longest (I believe) and it's the most popular custom ROM out there, and it's available for tons of phones, which only helps its popularity. I know you don't like CM, but it IS solid ROM, it just lacks a lot of features that you can get from many other ROMs. 

COMIC SANS

Much as I'd like to graduate from my Nexus 4, I still don't see a lot of compelling reasons to get a new phone save LTE and battery. It's hard to justify that in my mind when looking at these kinds of prices.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

It's only because it's been around the longest (I believe) and it's the most popular custom ROM out there, and it's available for tons of phones, which only helps its popularity. I know you don't like CM, but it IS solid ROM, it just lacks a lot of features that you can get from many other ROMs. 

it's overhyped, slightly modified AOSP. Big whoop. AOKP is 100x better and it's quite a simple rom IMO

- SD 801

Where can I buy one?

it's overhyped, slightly modified AOSP. Big whoop. AOKP is 100x better and it's quite a simple rom IMO

And I agree 100% with you. 

COMIC SANS

Where can I buy one?

hasn't come out yet, coming out Q2, go on oneplus.net to purchase it. It's only avaliable at launch in certain regions, and if you break it, if you didn't purchase the phone from the region you ordered it, you won't get warranty support, just keep that in mind.

It's not out yet. It'll be out sometime this year though. 

What about the Find 7?

Much as I'd like to graduate from my Nexus 4, I still don't see a lot of compelling reasons to get a new phone save LTE and battery. It's hard to justify that in my mind when looking at these kinds of prices.

Trust me, moving from 3G to LTE is worth it. It's not worth $700, so get a cheaper phone that has LTE support (like the OnePlus One or the Nexus 5). You may not think it now, but trust me, it's WELL WORTH the upgrade. 

COMIC SANS

hasn't come out yet, coming out Q2, go on oneplus.net to purchase it. It's only avaliable at launch in certain regions, and if you break it, if you didn't purchase the phone from the region you ordered it, you won't get warranty support, just keep that in mind.

With the OnePlus One, even if you root and ROM your phone, your warranty DOESN'T get voided, right?

COMIC SANS

What about the Find 7?

That's not out yet either. That'll be out sometime this year as well. 

COMIC SANS

It has nothing to do with hype for me. It was a mod that worked and I wanted it for that sole reason to get rid of bloatware. Note that I have no clue how to root, flash a ROM, or anything similar to a phone. It's probably simple download > run, but I wouldn't know where to start aside from Google. 

Thus my joy in it being pre-flashed. Saves me time and effort. It's a phone. It works for media and calls. I care little about the rest aside from emulators.

I'm still looking through it for stuff. Haven't found everything yet. And you're telling me there are more features on other ROMs? Lol 

I probably don't need them. I really should research this stuff more. I guess I'm just not a mobile device guy. :/

I'll look those up at some point, but... one day.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.