Random primary monitor blackouts

Luithian

The Problem

My primary monitor (iiyama 27 inch 1440p/144Hz) randomly blacks out for 1-3 seconds. The other 2 monitors are unaffected

I'm unable to spot a pattern, sometimes it happens when I'm just on the desktop, sometimes when working in a Blender scene.

A quick google search suggested that I might be hitting the capability limit of my GPU but the problem happens across a whole range of iiyama's monitors?

Once the GPU madness has settled I'm looking to upgrade but I would like to know if anyone else has any insight on a similar issue and the steps taken to resolve.

If its more likely that it is the monitor, then I may hold off upgrading for a bit longer and get another 27 inch monitor, replacing one of the 21.5 inch ones and keeping the iiyama as a second monitor.

Specs below, appreciate any and all information anyone can give on this topic.

Thanks

-Luithian

The setup

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Mobo: Asus A320M

RAM: 1x HyperX 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 + 1x HyperX 4GB 2400MHz DDR4

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

Case: AvP Storm P28

PSU: Corsair 450W (I can't remember the exact one)

Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB HDD WD Blue 7200rpm

Monitor 1: iiyama GB2760QSU-B1 (27 inch 1440p/144Hz)

Monitor 2: LG 21.5 inch 1080p/60Hz

Monitor 3: Hannspree 21.5 inch 1080p/60Hz

Since it happens specifically on a single monitor, it leads me to believe that its likely the cable then, or the monitor. I would try a different port, if there is one available. If not, swap cables, especially if you're using a default one that came with the monitor. Those are almost always poor quality. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Since it happens specifically on a single monitor, it leads me to believe that its likely the cable then, or the monitor. I would try a different port, if there is one available. If not, swap cables, especially if you're using a default one that came with the monitor. Those are almost always poor quality. 

I'm using a DP cable that I bought separately. I'll swap the cable and see how it goes.

Will update if anything changes.

Thanks