new gaming rig need help

so I'm looking to build a gaming only pc i just picked up an intel DH87MC motherboard to start out with and now I'm looking for help with the rest i kinda have an idea about what i want over all but still would appreciate the help here is the list of what I'm thinking
motherboard- intel DH87MC
cpu- intel i5 or i7 haswell
cpu cooler-Cooler Master Hyper T4 
gpu-ASUS GTX780
memory- HyperX Beast 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

storage- SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB

case- NZXT Source 530 CA-SO530-M1

power- idk

monitor-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG)

plz let me know what your think I'm also looking for reliability thats why i went with the intel board first not many around my area 

FIRST COMPLETE BUILD LOL

quite odd choice for a motherboard

also i thought intel stopped making boards a while ago

anyways build looks good

also maxwell will be released in a few months  max june

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

it was the last of the intel boards they are making main reason i buy em is because its intel on intel product and is the only board tested for 20 year life span  

i already have the motherboard its the only thing i could get locally here in Hawaii on my list (stationed here)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're only going to be gaming go with 8Gb of RAM, an Asus Sabertooth Z87 board, an i5 4670K and a 600W bronze cerified PSU.

what about fx-6300 i'm serious about this cpu .. i saw a video on youtube which was very good

i want to know .. does it run 1440p very good and smooth?

what about fx-6300 i'm serious about this cpu .. i saw a video on youtube which was very good

i want to know .. does it run 1440p very good and smooth?

The CPU isn't really going to help any after you eliminate bottlenecks and the CPU will not bottleneck your GPU. If you want to play on 1440p smoothly you'd need a GTX 770 with 4GN of VRAM or a 780 with 4GB of VRAM.

i already have the motherboard its the only thing i could get locally here in Hawaii on my list (stationed here)

Than you should just get an i5 4670K, 8GB of RAM and a 600W PSU that is Bronze certified.