Looking for USB Type-C Dock

shinegull

I got a G14 not too long ago, but I think I'd like to attach a couple more things to it at once.

Just having a bit of trouble finding hubs and/or docks for my use case, since as far as I know, G14 does not support thunderbolt. If I am wrong, PLEASE say so. you would make me very happy by proving me wrong on that bit.

First is something to attach an additional 2 standard usb ports, technically only need 1 additional but 2 would be helpful

Second is a displayport 1.4, can be a mini as well, but would prefer just a standard

Third is a s/pdif port, for soundbar, failing that, then an audio jack works I guess? but spdif always seemed to work better for me in terms of stability and wierd sounds, and driver issues, idk why.

Fourth is a 10 gbe port, this can be either sfp+ or regular lan cable. I know, this might not be possible, bubt i do have 2 type-c ports and if 10gbe is not possible, just as high as I can get it. This is mainly for transferring files to NAS, so when not in use will probably be unplugged.

33 minutes ago, shinegull said:

I got a G14 not too long ago, but I think I'd like to attach a couple more things to it at once.

Just having a bit of trouble finding hubs and/or docks for my use case, since as far as I know, G14 does not support thunderbolt. If I am wrong, PLEASE say so. you would make me very happy by proving me wrong on that bit.

First is something to attach an additional 2 standard usb ports, technically only need 1 additional but 2 would be helpful

Second is a displayport 1.4, can be a mini as well, but would prefer just a standard

Third is a s/pdif port, for soundbar, failing that, then an audio jack works I guess? but spdif always seemed to work better for me in terms of stability and wierd sounds, and driver issues, idk why.

Fourth is a 10 gbe port, this can be either sfp+ or regular lan cable. I know, this might not be possible, bubt i do have 2 type-c ports and if 10gbe is not possible, just as high as I can get it. This is mainly for transferring files to NAS, so when not in use will probably be unplugged.

Strikes me as unlikely thunderbolt is expensive partially because it hooks in pretty deep and has to be allowed for.  My suspicion is if it had thunderbolt it would say so pretty much everywhere. 

so hub with 2 isb(isb what?) a spdif (never even seen that on a hub), a DP1.4 port( I suspect you’re screwed right there.  DP is pretty high bandwidth), and a 10gb ethernet port (both high bandwidth and fairly rare on consumer stuff) 

so really high bandwidth thing, one really hard to find one, and one that’s both.  All at once.  Yeah that’s a big ask alright.  What you might be able to do is a multi USB3 hub, and use dongles on it.  You could have lots of data bottlenecks if you wanted to use the high bandwidth stuff at the same time, and it would be pricey as hell but it might function. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

57 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Strikes me as unlikely thunderbolt is expensive partially because it hooks in pretty deep and has to be allowed for.  My suspicion is if it had thunderbolt it would say so pretty much everywhere. 

so hub with 2 isb(isb what?) a spdif (never even seen that on a hub), a DP1.4 port( I suspect you’re screwed right there.  DP is pretty high bandwidth), and a 10gb ethernet port (both high bandwidth and fairly rare on consumer stuff) 

so really high bandwidth thing, one really hard to find one, and one that’s both.  All at once.  Yeah that’s a big ask alright.  What you might be able to do is a multi USB3 hub, and use dongles on it.  You could have lots of data bottlenecks if you wanted to use the high bandwidth stuff at the same time, and it would be pricey as hell but it might function. 

I can have the 10 gb ethernet on a seperate dock as a standalone as well.

for the main dock, is there one that does displayport and an additional usb port (for dongle) as well as audio?

im mainly looking for something that would work relatively well, and not burn and or die on me