SSD doesn't appear as a boot option after a RAM upgrade

Go to solution Solved by joser1813,
1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

Does the computer start okay if you put just the 8gb stick in? I would also try unplugging it and plugging it back in again.

If that doesn't work try booting with just one stick of the new ram, then swapping to the other one even if it does/doesn't work. 

It looks like your motherboard is seeing the drive so it could also just be a corrupted windows install. You might be able to repair it with the USB windows installer.

Tried to repair the Windows Installation without success. Wiped the drive and resintalled the Windows and now it works. That's a very weird issue, never happeneded to me before. It might be something to do with the fact that the SSD is used or a weird bug of the motherboard. 

The SSD shows in the BIOS and you can even see the Windows Boot Manager but it doesn't start onto Windows 10 Pro. Computer was working just fine until I changed from an 8 GB Oloy RAM module to a pair of XPG D50s 8x2 GB. The motherboard is a Gigabyte H410M H, the CPU is 10100f. Everything seems fine on BIOS. I can boot from the Windows installation flashdrive and attemp to install Windows again but I'm not sure that's the issue here. The CMOS has been cleared using the jumper incluided.

Does anyone knows what to do?

image.thumb.png.c7e2a4046d04049f95e38bc83cb97090.png

image.thumb.png.a5e64391eb9ff99349235aabea5f655c.png

Does the computer start okay if you put just the 8gb stick in? I would also try unplugging it and plugging it back in again.

If that doesn't work try booting with just one stick of the new ram, then swapping to the other one even if it does/doesn't work. 

It looks like your motherboard is seeing the drive so it could also just be a corrupted windows install. You might be able to repair it with the USB windows installer.

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

Tried to repair the Windows Installation without success. Wiped the drive and resintalled the Windows and now it works. That's a very weird issue, never happeneded to me before. It might be something to do with the fact that the SSD is used or a weird bug of the motherboard. 

4 minutes ago, joser1813 said:

It happens sometimes when you upgrade the components. If it happens again I would run a memory and SSD test. I'm glad you were able to get it working again.  

21 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

It happens sometimes when you upgrade the components. If it happens again I would run a memory and SSD test. I'm glad you were able to get it working again.  

Would you recommend any particular SSD test software? I know I can use memtest86 for the RAM

19 hours ago, joser1813 said:

Would you recommend any particular SSD test software? I know I can use memtest86 for the RAM

I've only done it once for my mac which was having trouble. You can check the SMART status of most drives using the PCMag guide. No idea if its too good or not since I've always used Samsung and Corsair since having a cheaper drive fail on me in college. 

Here is the link to it:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-check-your-hard-drives-health