some suggestions

Moonzy

1) is there a way to stop : ( from turning into an emoji automatically?

2) is it hard to implement a way to paste image from gboard's emoji gif thingy? says forum doesnt support it even though i can paste image just fine

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

For number 1, I don't know how to fix it, but it is very annoying when I am trying to do the big smile : ) and I get this 🙂

Why do you want to type :( or :) rather than 😞 or 🙂 ?

As for gboard gifs, I'll look into it, but my cursory searching suggests that it's a gboard thing rather than anything we can control.

HTTP/2 203

25 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Why do you want to type :( or :) rather than 😞 or 🙂 ?

i feel like they convey different emotions, compared to the ascii versions

edit:

also, this

image.png.33132d0260a0ca0b0938f2e5f02206a4.png

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I've dug into it and it looks like neither of these (emoticons and gboard) are things that I will be able to control (they would need changes by IPS and Google respectively), sorry. As a super hacky workaround, I used a zero-width space to type the emoticons in my post, but that is not very easy to enter so probably won't really help you.

HTTP/2 203

I feel like depending on how you look at it, 😞 appears like someone who was either tasted a really terrible bite of food, or is meditating with their eyes shut.

It's a completely different meaning to :(, which means "sad" and nothing else.

By the way @Moonzy you can use the same workaround for typing text emoticons as for that weird bug in links in Firefox - type your emoticon, start a new line, write the rest of your post, then delete to put everything back on the same line.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.