Unexpected I/o error has occurred boot\bcd

Chaos Network

I have no idea what this means. I pulled my gpu out to verify in my buddys system that his gpu is dead. Using my m.2 ssd to boot because he kept his. I got this error on his system, and now mine now that I’ve put everything back in it. I have no idea what this means and I really hope it doesn’t mean my drive is dead because I’m dumb and don’t back shit up. 

I tried unplugging everything other than a keyboard and mouse, and it still happens. 

F7A22378-45E7-4E69-A0FD-84E44E95EC47.jpeg

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

What operating system are you running and what chipset is the motherboard? Windows 7 is very old and doesn't have drivers for newer chipsets and their corresponding drive controllers, which can cause an error screen like yours when booting.

Edit: If it is Windows 7 and you are using hardware newer than 2009, try a newer operating system, like an Ubuntu Live CD. (they call it a Live CD but you can actually boot it from a USB using Rufus.)

1 hour ago, Sesame said:

What operating system are you running and what chipset is the motherboard? Windows 7 is very old and doesn't have drivers for newer chipsets and their corresponding drive controllers, which can cause an error screen like yours when booting.

Edit: If it is Windows 7 and you are using hardware newer than 2009, try a newer operating system, like an Ubuntu Live CD. (they call it a Live CD but you can actually boot it from a USB using Rufus.)

Running windows 10 20h2 with an amd ryzen 5 3600x on an Asus rog b450f board

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

On 3/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, Chaos Network said:

Running windows 10 20h2 with an amd ryzen 5 3600x on an Asus rog b450f board

That makes it a bit easier; you can try using a Windows 10 installer boot drive to repair the bootloader.