Sound bar compatible with GPU and Display

Polycraft
Go to solution Solved by Polycraft,

Cheers mate for you answer

Let's say that you pined point my fears about the input lag. I should pass for that one and stick a more regular solution.
I made my own research about ATMOS and you right. It's not worth it for small spaces. I could be in a couch but I think I would go with powered monitor speakers or an AVR.
ATMOS is a true feature for high-end equipment apparently. under 400€/$ it does not work as intended.

13 hours ago, Psittac said:

Last option would be to get a $200 AVR and a pair of $200 speakers.  I love my micca RB42's that I'm using near field *then you could start building a surround setup over time

bookshelf speakers and an AVR shouldn't add to much difficulty when moving

I think you said it

I will go from here and see and pick up some good stuff

Hi everyone,

I am a PC enthusiast as in my entertainment platform is mainly centred around my PC (Music, Gaming, Movies).
I have this screen compatible HDMI 2.0 : AOC Q32G1WG4. I am running this setup for gaming at 1440p @ 144Hz ofc.

I intend to buy this sound bar
https://www.materiel.net/produit/202005180047.html

I would like to enjoy the DOLBY Atmos feature and Bluetooth but I wondered about the connectivity (from PC to Display) .
My choice turned toward sound bars because I move out a lot and I like to pack lite and make no compromise about sound quality.

Will I be able to plug my GPU into the sound bar via HDMI to the display as I would do for a amp ? or else ?
Is there any better/other kind of product to enjoy such sound quality for this price range? if not, how much ?
I am really open to suggestion. I live in a small flat so I dont need that much power (20m² MAX).
If it has to be small speakers. Im down.

EDIT : Matter of opinion. Is DOLBY ATMOS a real and useful feature ? or is it just marketing wanking ?

Cheers 

It's really hard to say.  I think it's going to come down to whether or not the hdmi passthrough will support your resolution, yeah it says 4k HDR passthrough but will it do 144hz with no delay?  I'm honestly not smart enough nor experienced enough to know the answer to this.  But I am smart enough to know that this would be the only potential downfall of your plan.  I would imagine there is going to be a processing delay, something that isn't tested or as an intended use case.  This is one of those times that a "gamer" tag would mean at least something. (I gamed through an AVR for years 60hz 1080p but I'm not sensitive to input lag)

Atmos is legit and can help with movie viewing, everything else it's useless as nothing is formatted in anything beyond stereo past movie or media consumption.  Music and games aren't going to take much if any advantage of it.

If it were me I would go for a pair of powered monitor speakers and call it a day, but I also have a home theater setup if the itch ever rears it's head for a surround sound experience.  Currently everything I do and have done for a couple years has been stereo only and I'm not dissappointed.  I either use 2.0 speakers or headphones and find it enjoyable.  But yes Atmos does have something to offer.

Last option would be to get a $200 AVR and a pair of $200 speakers.  I love my micca RB42's that I'm using near field *then you could start building a surround setup over time

*bookshelf speakers and an AVR shouldn't add to much difficulty when moving, but there is always a benefit to the quality of life improvement with an all in one soundbar.  I think it comes down to which is more important, one device you can carry easily or potential input delay.

*also do you sit near field IE: at a desk, or at a couch?  If nearfield I would ignore atmos as it needs distance to work with a soundbar.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Cheers mate for you answer

Let's say that you pined point my fears about the input lag. I should pass for that one and stick a more regular solution.
I made my own research about ATMOS and you right. It's not worth it for small spaces. I could be in a couch but I think I would go with powered monitor speakers or an AVR.
ATMOS is a true feature for high-end equipment apparently. under 400€/$ it does not work as intended.

bookshelf speakers and an AVR shouldn't add to much difficulty when moving

I think you said it

I will go from here and see and pick up some good stuff