Windows Black Screen

Maciek06

My Windows has always ran fine until recently, when suddenly when i logged on it didn't have a loading icon and after more than a minute of loading presented me with a black screen where I could see and move my cursor around. This would happen every time until I found a workaround which is to press ctrl+alt+del and restart from there, but this always takes more than a normal restart and is very annoying to do every boot, so i reset my Windows and everything was working fine again, until once again, the problem appeared just as suddenly as it did before. I then tried to tweak the startup settings and when I disabled early launch anti malware protection it ran flawless for a couple of days before the issue happened again. I have no clue what could be happening as I have reset Windows multiple times now since the issue first arised and it has happened every time after a while, I've tried every possible solution I could find but they only worked temporarily. Another interesting thing is that it seems to boot into safe mode just fine, and my Microsoft store has also been having major issues which were not fixed by resets.

Please help me out.

Do a clean install, not a reset.

A reset just makes problems worse.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 3/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, Maciek06 said:

My Windows has always ran fine until recently, when suddenly when i logged on it didn't have a loading icon and after more than a minute of loading presented me with a black screen where I could see and move my cursor around. This would happen every time until I found a workaround which is to press ctrl+alt+del and restart from there, but this always takes more than a normal restart and is very annoying to do every boot, so i reset my Windows and everything was working fine again, until once again, the problem appeared just as suddenly as it did before. I then tried to tweak the startup settings and when I disabled early launch anti malware protection it ran flawless for a couple of days before the issue happened again. I have no clue what could be happening as I have reset Windows multiple times now since the issue first arised and it has happened every time after a while, I've tried every possible solution I could find but they only worked temporarily. Another interesting thing is that it seems to boot into safe mode just fine, and my Microsoft store has also been having major issues which were not fixed by resets.

Please help me out.

Next time you boot into Windows and have the black screen, can you try opening task manager, going to File -> Run new task and type explorer.exe in the box. 

When you have a black screen with a moveable mouse, it usually just means explorer.exe isn't working. You'll need to find out why it is not launching on startup/crashing on startup.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014