ASUS GTX 780 Poseidon reviewed

digitalnav

I couldn't find any review on here, just an "announcement" page.

Although the NVIDIA GTX 780 has been out for quite some time now, many board partners are still churning out new designs for the graphics card. The ASUS GTX 780 Poseidon RoG is the latest variant from ASUS that features a hybrid design. It isn't your usual GTX 780. Instead, it features both an air cooler and water cooling on the same card. 

GTX 780 Poseidon Review

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Can this be considered advertisement? Probably not. I was wrong. :)

Quote me to get a reply!

Can this be considered advertisement?

Reviews, Benchmark and Unboxing. Read the video name. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

For ASUS? What do you mean.

He thought you were going against the forum CoC. Your fine* buddy.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

For ASUS? What do you mean.

Reviews, Benchmark and Unboxing. Read the video name. 

Technically he would be making a profit from the video but I am not sure.

Quote me to get a reply!

He thought you were going against the forum CoC. Your find buddy.

Yeah,  I thought it would be advertising if I was just pushing our website. I didn't see any review on here when searching and thought you guys could use the info.

I don't monetize our videos, so no.

Okay than it kewl.

Quote me to get a reply!

The guys a industry affiliate I'm sure he's keen on the rules here. He's not selling us a product either. This safely falls under reviews, 

Nice video btw, I haven't heard about this particular card. Water and air cooling huh? thats actually intriguing.

LOLOL this is why i still believe water cooling is stupid. for the extra price you pay for that card, you could have gotten a 780ti instead.

Also, people actually still try to rag you for being an industry affiliate? WOW

I think that TimeToLiveCustoms did a review a while ago. I would not classify this as news.

why would anybody care if the videos were monetized or not? it certainly doesnt to me especially since it is a quality review.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

LOLOL this is why i still believe water cooling is stupid. for the extra price you pay for that card, you could have gotten a 780ti instead.

Also, people actually still try to rag you for being an industry affiliate? WOW

While I would tend to agree that the price point is off for it to make sense I can still see why some people could convince themself to get it if they think the lower temps will dramatically increase the life of the card.

Anyone know if there has been studies regarding the retention of initial performance and overall endurance over time between water and air across various video cards?

While I would tend to agree that the price point is off for it to make sense I can still see why some people could convince themself to get it if they think the lower temps will dramatically increase the life of the card.

Anyone know if there has been studies regarding the retention of initial performance and overall endurance over time between water and air across various video cards?

there are studies between temperatures effecting the life if i remember correctly

i believe it was a test with 2 9800gt's. one at 50c 24/7 and one at 75c. i believe the cooler one lasted for a few extra months. i believe it was like 4 years 3 months and 4 years 9 months.

i could be wrong but i thought i saw something like that on an old forum i used to go on. the cooler temps don't really effect much, only if you're having trouble adequately cooling your current gear, but with the money you save you could replace the parts sooner and more often without doing wc. the only downside is you have to clean more often.

I think this and and glacier 240L would be the ultimate "not exactly custom but still iquid cooled" build.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

They shoud do this on 780 TI

780 is quite old now:D no offense

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Well we all know how the 780ti performs. The hybrid cooler is a little bit more interesting in my opinion. However it definitely is not worth the price but I admit it looks awesome.

EDIT: Oh wait I misunderstood what you meant. But I think this was developed since before the 780 was released so by the time they were done with it 780ti came out.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

To me this card was more of a "because we can" type deal. 

Realistically not many people will be picking up this card anyways, and it mainly shows what can be done with non-reference design. This should bring some even cooler (heh) designs in the future.

//ccap

I get it. Cuz Poseidon is the God of the seas... And this card had built in watercooling functionality. Very clever, ASUS. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The 780 is in terms of price/performance way better than the Ti variant.