Games running at 1440p on 4k monitors

tripaloski
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
2 minutes ago, tripaloski said:

Just to be clear, ive never used a monitor with a higher res than 1080p and refresh rate higher than 75hz, im currently using an lg 29 inch ultrawide 1080p 75hz

Yea id still go 1440p 144hz. Probalby the best for a reasonble cost for games.

Im planning to get a 3060ti when the prices eventually fall so im looking for a decent 1440p monitor to utilize the card. However, i found a decent lg 4k monitor for some extra money i am willing to pay for that resolution. My question is, since i dont think the 3060ti will be able to run alot of games at 4k, will downscaling them to 1440 look fine?

Id say most games will run at 4k on that card with settings turned down. Id do that before 1440p at higher settings and scaling still looks kinda fuzzy.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id say most games will run at 4k on that card with settings turned down. Id do that before 1440p at higher settings and scaling still looks kinda fuzzy.

What about DLSS 2.0? Do you think this will be a good solution for games that dont run well on native 4k?

1 minute ago, tripaloski said:

What about DLSS 2.0? Do you think this will be a good solution for games that dont run well on native 4k?

yea dlss will work well here. But you would be suprised how many games run at 4k fine. I used my rx480 at 4k for a while.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

yea dlss will work well here. But you would be suprised how many games run at 4k fine. I used my rx480 at 4k for a while.

One last question, do you happen to have any experience with the LG 27UL500-W? It costs around 25 euros more than a decent 1440p monitor at 260 euros and its 4k

1 minute ago, tripaloski said:

One last question, do you happen to have any experience with the LG 27UL500-W? It costs around 25 euros more than a decent 1440p monitor at 260 euros and its 4k

Nope, never used that monitor.

Id saim for 120/144hz for games though, makes it much smoother.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Nope, never used that monitor.

Id saim for 120/144hz for games though, makes it much smoother.

I could go with the MSI Optix G273QF (1440p 165hz gsync) but it is a bit more expensive at 330 euros, do you think it is worth it? 

Just now, tripaloski said:

I could go with the MSI Optix G273QF (1440p 165hz gsync) but it is a bit more expensive at 330 euros, do you think it is worth it? 

Id say so, the fps is a much bigger jump in games than going from 1440p to 2160p

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id say so, the fps is a much bigger jump in games than going from 1440p to 2160p

Just to be clear, ive never used a monitor with a higher res than 1080p and refresh rate higher than 75hz, im currently using an lg 29 inch ultrawide 1080p 75hz

2 minutes ago, tripaloski said:

Yea id still go 1440p 144hz. Probalby the best for a reasonble cost for games.