Nothing will boot when ssd is installed

Sir Lags A Lot

I have this WD sata m.2 drive that is giving me issue. Whenever I put it into the front m.2 slot on my mobo and try to boot off of a perfectly working windows install, windows will stay at the initial screen with the loading wheel spinning. If I take it out, it boots just fine. I went into the bios and disabled everything in the boot sequence except for the other drive with a good windows install. Now the WD drive used to/still does have a windows install on it. Short version is that the main windows files are on the WD drive and the boot files and stuff are on a Seagate 500gb sshd, which after taking to a repair place said it is failing. In total I have 4 drives plugged in, 1 m.2, 2 sata, and 1 usb to sata. I'm going to try and unplugging the other two and leave just the working windows drive and the m.2 drive in. 

Alright, so after unplugging the two. It would go into automatic repair boot and then a black screen. I tried unplugging the working windows install drive but after selecting the wd to boot, it would send me to the bios.

So basically your windows install is broken on the drive and that is it. Just reinstall windows on the drive with ALL other drives unplugged to avoid it making dependencies on the other drives. If you still have files on the drive you need just make a bootable linux drive and copy them over to another storage device.

Just now, jaslion said:

So basically your windows install is broken on the drive and that is it. Just reinstall windows on the drive with ALL other drives unplugged to avoid it making dependencies on the other drives. If you still have files on the drive you need just make a bootable linux drive and copy them over to another storage device.

I figured as much, I bought a usb to m.2 adapter to use but I bought one that is nvme only, not sata. I'm just hoping I dont run into other weird issues.

12 hours ago, The Apocalyptic Gamer said:

I figured as much, I bought a usb to m.2 adapter to use but I bought one that is nvme only, not sata. I'm just hoping I dont run into other weird issues.

Why? Just install windows from a usb stick?