i am in search of a adapter

MR.TreeFrog

i need a female USB to i guess a male SD card  if anybody has any idea where i could find such a thing that would be very helpful. thx

to any mod that sees this sry if it is in the wrong place i though this would be a good place for this post

HELLO WORLD!!!! 

i need a female USB to i guess a male SD card  if anybody has any idea where i could find such a thing that would be very helpful. thx

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-Memory-Reader-Writer-MINISD/dp/B000Z9R2QQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395781321&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+to+sd+card+adapter

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

A card reader?

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

no what i am looking for is the opposite of that something i can plug a USB drive into and then plug that in to a SD card slot but thx for trying to help any other ideas? 

HELLO WORLD!!!! 

no what i am looking for is the opposite of that something i can plug a USB drive into and then plug that in to a SD card slot but thx for trying to help any other ideas? 

What is the application?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

That will be extremely hard to find since its more common other way around. Like trying to find sata to molex adapter where I wanted to hcange one sata connector to female molex.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What is the application?

i am working on a media Chromebox and would like to use the SD card slot for a external ssd.

HELLO WORLD!!!! 

That will be extremely hard to find since its more common other way around. Like trying to find sata to molex adapter where I wanted to hcange one sata connector to female molex.

its like finding a needle in a hay stack you search one thing and you still just get the other.

HELLO WORLD!!!! 

i am working on a media Chromebox and would like to use the SD card slot for a external ssd.

I doubt that you will be able to find what you are looking for. Demand is non-existent, as these things are measured, and some fairly sophisticated processing is necessary.

Consider using 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB SDXC cards. USB card readers are quite inexpensive so the cards can be read by any USB capable device.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

does this even exist?

you want to convert an sd card slot into a usb port?

Why dont you just put the SSD in a usb enclosure?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I doubt that you will be able to find what you are looking for. Demand is non-existent, as these things are measured, and some fairly sophisticated processing is necessary.

Consider using 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB SDXC cards. USB card readers are quite inexpensive so the cards can be read by any USB capable device.

thx i will look in to that.

HELLO WORLD!!!! 

Why dont you just put the SSD in a usb enclosure?

i would but i need the USB ports on it for other things and wanted to use the sd card port for that but i am considering changing my plan to that do you have any recommendations for a good one.

HELLO WORLD!!!! 

it's really smarter to just get a usb hub.  are you sure that you don't have two peripherals that will be fine on a hub?