Unemployment question

oskar23

Im wondering for those who have been on that - once you go back to work and select YES to the question "have you  returned to work" are you able to get benefits again if something happens? Lets say its a new job, its gonna be a few weeks and you wont last, job isnt right fit for you etc. Are you able to certify benefits again? Does selecting Yes change anything later on? Can you one week select YES to a question if you returned to work and another week NO? Just trying to understand how it works. If you  are still paid based on your first jobs information or now it messes things up since you have new job and you have to prove again its due to covid and it doesnt matter that you quit because you didnt like it. Maybe it's better not certify benefits at all and dont select yes? And if something happens certify again? I was at my work for 5 years and i thought it will be the one forever but now its really hard to find something new... and where they pay right. Any advice appreciated.

It would be a whole new unemployment application and be reassessed with any new information. Just depends what conclusion the person reviewing your case decides. 

With that said, if you're unemployed to the point of needing benefits, you shouldn't really be in a position to say a job isn't right for you after 1 week and then fall back to benefits. Especially in the current situation of the world.

If you quit after such a short amount of time you will have an incredibly hard time to argue that you're unemployed again because of covid.

But you also shouldn't lie to try and get more money or back onto benefits

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Covid really affected me. Dont want to go into details. I got bad anxiety, depression, heart pain. I really couldn't find a job for a long time and now when i have there are days that i just cant get up from the bed or i perform very badly at work. Had panic attacks, dizziness, feeling like i will faint. Im not myself basically and its hard to make logical decision now... because if i choose Yes And my health gets worse what do i do...? I really want to work but im scares my mental health will get.worse and there's nobody to support me and sadly if you dont have money youare screwed and nobody cares but bills have to be paid...

Depends on how your state handles it if in the states. Here you can continue to file your weekly claims even if making enough to not earn unemployment. You will get denied, but your claim will remain open until you fail to file a weekly claim. That said, if you continue to file you might be required to apply to jobs. They waved that during the peak unemployment periods here, but I think its in effect again.

When I was laid off a year ago and brought back, I continued to file because we were still pretty slow. I qualified a few weeks here and there.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Well here  what they did is they added number of hours you work. So i work over 30 now so i dont qualify for any extra unemployment but if my mental health was fine i would do fine at this job. I have doubts because what i feel now i never experienced before and it scares me. I dont want this benefits, i want to work but at the same time its not up to me how i will feel tomorrow. I also got letter saying they may take benefits back if you dont prove you  were looking for a jobs. So i want to be done with it but at the same time mental health is under a question and i also got papers from emergency room from december where i was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder. Idk if they care at all for that if anything ever happens. 

Should i just select Yes and be done with it? So they have it on records i returned to work or just dont do anything?

If you select yes, then you should still have to input your hours regardless. It doesn't really matter too much if you start a new claim other than the one week wait to get paid.

I would also look into seeking help to start working on your other ailments, its not healthy to just deal with it.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra