NZXT H710 vs Corsair 4000D Airflow

LazyTurtle1990

I was wondering to change the case for my build, because of airflow and temp. 

I have NZXT H710 case today, but considering to change it for Corsair 4000D Airflow. 

1. Will my temps be any better?

2. CPU cooler as I have now is NZXT X73, as I have seen on pictures, this has to go in the front of the case, will that make the temps more bad? 
CPU is now: Ryzen 3700X but considering to upgrade to 5600 or 5800 later on. 
(Should I have the fans on the rad in push or pull config? The fans is 3x Noctua a 12x25. This will be intake). 
3. 2 Noctua A 12x25 as exhaust in the top, and one in the rear, or maybe a Noctua A 14?

4. Should I change the cooler? If so, I consider a Noctua U12S or U12A as they are cheaper than a new 240/280 AIO. 

How is this case to build in? I have 2x 3,5" HDD, 2x 2,5" SSD that need to be with me to the new case. 

4 minutes ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

I was wondering to change the case for my build, because of airflow and temp. 

I have NZXT H710 case today, but considering to change it for Corsair 4000D Airflow. 

1. Will my temps be any better?

2. CPU cooler is NZXT X73, as I have seen on pictures, this has to go in the front of the case, will that make the temps more bad?
(Should I have the fans on the rad in push or pull config? The fans is 3x Noctua a 12x25. This will be intake). 
3. 2 Noctua A 12x25 as exhaust in the top, and one in the rear, or maybe a Noctua A 14?

4. Should I change the cooler? If so, I consider a Noctua U12S or U12A as they are cheaper than a new 240/280 AIO. 

How is this case to build in? I have 2x 3,5" HDD, 2x 2,5" SSD that need to be with me to the new case. 

1. Depends on your components, Usually it's going to be a resounding Yes. The h710 is a microwave, the 4000d is an excellent airflow case.

2. What's your CPU? As a cooler it's pretty overpriced and I wouldn't get it unless I had a really high-end CPU and tons of money to blow.

3. Uh, sure.

4. Depends on your CPU. I'd recommend a scythe FUMA 2 for most cpus if you're not overclocking (at least very much).

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

5 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

1. Depends on your components, Usually it's going to be a resounding Yes. The h710 is a microwave, the 4000d is an excellent airflow case.

2. What's your CPU? As a cooler it's pretty overpriced and I wouldn't get it unless I had a really high-end CPU and tons of money to blow.

3. Uh, sure.

4. Depends on your CPU. I'd recommend a scythe FUMA 2 for most cpus if you're not overclocking (at least very much).

Sorry, I forgot to mention the CPU. 
I have the NZXT X73 cooler now in my H710 case. 
My CPU is Ryzen 3700X, but consider to upgrade to 5600 or 5800 later. 

2 minutes ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention the CPU. 
I have the NZXT X73 cooler now in my H710 case. 
My CPU is Ryzen 3700X, but consider to upgrade to 5600 or 5800 later. 

The cooler is really overpriced, even for a 360mm aio, but a 360mm might actually be required in that sort of case to get decent temps, kek. No real point in getting another cooler unless you can get a refund on this one. I'd totally recommend switching to a 4000d if you're comfortable with that. Also, If you are to switch I'd get a 5600x or 5900x, the 5800 runs really hot for what it is, and is a pretty bad value (5600x is $300 for 6c/12t, 5800x is $449 for 8c/16t, 5900x is $549 for 12c/24t. Gaming performance is pretty similar across the board, but 5900x>5800x>5600x generally). 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

6 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

The cooler is really overpriced, even for a 360mm aio, but a 360mm might actually be required in that sort of case to get decent temps, kek. No real point in getting another cooler unless you can get a refund on this one. I'd totally recommend switching to a 4000d if you're comfortable with that. Also, If you are to switch I'd get a 5600x or 5900x, the 5800 runs really hot for what it is, and is a pretty bad value (5600x is $300 for 6c/12t, 5800x is $449 for 8c/16t, 5900x is $549 for 12c/24t. Gaming performance is pretty similar across the board, but 5900x>5800x>5600x generally). 

Yeah, but I can't get a refund, as I have used the cooler in over a month. When i bought my setup, H710 was one of few cases that where in stock, and I thought 360 cooler would be the top notch. In 400D the rad has to be placed in the front, but will the cooling be much more bad if the rad is in front vs smaller rad in top/ not AIO cooling? 

Now in idle my temps are around 40-44C in i look in Ryzen Master. Under load it goes up to 75-80C in Cinebench R23 with loop. In gaming 60-73C, it depends wich game I play. That ssaid, maybe I don't have optimized settings in Fan Xpert 4. 

My spec is:

Case: NZXT H710 (3.intake in front Noctua NF A12x25, and one Noctua NF A14 as exhaust in the back). 

CPU: Ryzen 3700X 
CPU Cooler: NZXT X73 with 3 Noctua NF A12x25 in exhaust pull config. (on the top of the case). 

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3060 OC version

Storage: 2HDD + 2SSD + 1NVMe. 

PSU: Corsair AX 760 W 80+ Platinum. 

All my fans are PWM. 

2 minutes ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

Yeah, but I can't get a refund, as I have used the cooler in over a month. When i bought my setup, H710 was one of few cases that where in stock, and I thought 360 cooler would be the top notch. In 400D the rad has to be placed in the front, but will the cooling be much more bad if the rad is in front vs smaller rad in top/ not AIO cooling? 

Now in idle my temps are around 40-44C in i look in Ryzen Master. Under load it goes up to 75-80C in Cinebench R23 with loop. In gaming 60-73C, it depends wich game I play. That ssaid, maybe I don't have optimized settings in Fan Xpert 4. 

My spec is:

Case: NZXT H710 (3.intake in front Noctua NF A12x25, and one Noctua NF A14 as exhaust in the back). 

CPU Cooler: NZXT X73 with 3 Noctua NF A12x25 in exhaust pull config. (on the top of the case). 

All my fans are PWM. 

How you mount the aio shouldn't really affect temperatures, unless you maybe have a lot of air in your aio and do a bottom mount. 

Yeah, a 3700x (not overclocked?) at 80c with a 360mm... that's pretty bad. 

Yup 4000d airflow would be a nice upgrade. No need to change your cooler. It’s sufficient. Unless for some reason you put heavy loads on both your cou and gpu at the same time.but if loads are on either one only at a given time, rad at the front wont be a problem. 

Anyway, just to make your decision making more difficult, basing on your choice of air cooler, i take it that you’re leaning towards a 5600x. Airflow in the case will be good assuming that: your case fans are all there with fan curves set properly. The upper front fan especially. The upper front fan should be set as intake and triggered by cpu temp. And should be set to zero when not needed by your cpu, otherwise it’ll cause higher temps for your gpu, when its your gpu’s turn to have heavy load.
But the u12 will probably give you an average temp of 80 under load if I’m not mistaken.but again, it will be get the job done.

you might consider them giant air coolers.....those will be perfect for your cpu and rams 😂 your gpu won’t be too happy though, it causes too much airflow disruptions for the 3060s.

In my opinion best airflow in that case would be a 240 rad up top, fan curves set with minimum 800rpm and maxes at whatever you want, the rear exhaust and 2 front fans as intakes curved for gpu with minimum rpm of maybe 6-800rpm. And the last bottom fan fixed at a certain speed. Make it the fastest speed you’re most comfortable with (noise-wise) maybe 1000rpm? Just so that air would be flowing. Even with your gpu and cpu at idle.

4 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

How you mount the aio shouldn't really affect temperatures, unless you maybe have a lot of air in your aio and do a bottom mount. 

Yeah, a 3700x (not overclocked?) at 80c with a 360mm... that's pretty bad. 

Neh, not overclocked other than what the BIOS can do by default, or Ryzen Master for that sake. I have PBO activated. Cinebench in 30min run, 75C at max. 

As for now my 3700X is working good for me, and it's shortage of 5600x in these times, so it will be a while before I upgrade it. 

Maybe when I upgrade my 3060 to 3060ti/ 3070/ 3080 when the market is more stable, and the pricing is more as it should be, if my CPU is going to be a bottleneck. 

3 minutes ago, Chrismike said:

Yup 4000d airflow would be a nice upgrade. No need to change your cooler. It’s sufficient. Unless for some reason you put heavy loads on both your cou and gpu at the same time.but if loads are on either one only at a given time, rad at the front wont be a problem. 

Anyway, just to make your decision making more difficult, basing on your choice of air cooler, i take it that you’re leaning towards a 5600x. Airflow in the case will be good assuming that: your case fans are all there with fan curves set properly. The upper front fan especially. The upper front fan should be set as intake and triggered by cpu temp. And should be set to zero when not needed by your cpu, otherwise it’ll cause higher temps for your gpu, when its your gpu’s turn to have heavy load.
But the u12 will probably give you an average temp of 80 under load if I’m not mistaken.but again, it will be get the job done.

you might consider them giant air coolers.....those will be perfect for your cpu and rams 😂 your gpu won’t be too happy though, it causes too much airflow disruptions for the 3060s.

In my opinion best airflow in that case would be a 240 rad up top, fan curves set with minimum 800rpm and maxes at whatever you want, the rear exhaust and 2 front fans as intakes curved for gpu with minimum rpm of maybe 6-800rpm. And the last bottom fan fixed at a certain speed. Make it the fastest speed you’re most comfortable with (noise-wise) maybe 1000rpm? Just so that air would be flowing. Even with your gpu and cpu at idle.

Only heavy loads that both will be used in, is in gaming. Or else it will not be put in heavy loads, either of them really. I only use benchmark programs as Cinebench23 for testing my temps. 

Oh so the 3 fans in front, should not go via the same splitter? now I have all 3 in same splitter, so it only takes up one fan header in my MB. Same with the 3 exhaust fans on the rad. 

If I am going to change my AIO to a 240 rad or maybe a 280 rad, shoud I go for NZXT X53/ 63 or should I go for a Corsair AIO? 
(This is the brands I can buy from: "Corsair, ASUS, NZXT, Cooler Master, Fractal Design, MSI"). 

The best option for me is to re-use my X73 in a while, and maybe change it "down the road".

15 minutes ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

My spec is:

All my fans are PWM. 

Oh With the temps you’re getting, I’d check if they even applied thermal paste in there. If there is thermal paste, i take what i said earlier back 😂 you’d definitely need to change your cooler. Or at the very least maybe its fans. Try to check if your pump is working. In fans setting, set all fans to zero just to eliminate noise. Set pump to max. Try to listen in. Is it even making a sound or is the sound too loud like groaning, something like that. It should be just a steady bzzzzzz 😂 If it seems fine then, you just really have a bad aio. You could even take your rad out and Try to shake itd. If too much slushing 🤦‍♂️. A good amount of fluid in a rad would sount something like a litre of bottle that is about 9/10 full..... a 5/6 full is somewhat ok or at the very least 6/8 full.

2 minutes ago, Chrismike said:

Oh With the temps you’re getting, I’d check if they even applied thermal paste in there. If there is thermal paste, i take what i said earlier back 😂 you’d definitely need to change your cooler. Or at the very least maybe its fans. Try to check if your pump is working. In fans setting, set all fans to zero just to eliminate noise. Set pump to max. Try to listen in. Is it even making a sound or is the sound too loud like groaning, something like that. It should be just a steady bzzzzzz 😂 If it seems fine then, you just really have a bad aio. You could even take your rad out and Try to shake itd. If too much slushing 🤦‍♂️. A good amount of fluid in a rad would sount something like a litre of bottle that is about 9/10 full..... a 5/6 full is somewhat ok or at the very least 6/8 full.

Thermal paste was pre applied from NZXT. I build it myself. The fans on the cooler is Noctua NF A12x25. So they should be pretty good 🙂 

The build is about a month old, but the GPU is about a week old. 

But ryzen master reports higher temps than ASUS Fan Xpert 4 does. Right now master changes between 43-46C, but Fan Xpert says 41. 

As for now my computer uses VLC media player and plays 720P, Chrome with 15tabs, Task manager, Fan Xpert, Windows explorer and Spotify open. 
And plex media server, MSI afterburner, OneDrive, NZXT Cam, Razer Synapse, ASUS GPU tweak II, in the background. 

My 3 intake fans in front of the case is on the same speed for now, and is totaly like the exhaust fans in the top of the case. Should intake fans maybe have a higher rpm on lower temperatures than my exhaust fans? 

The exhaust fan in the rear is now set to only react to GPU temp from 40C and up. 

9 minutes ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

Only heavy loads that both will be used in, is in gaming. <<< typically, cpu won’t be having that much load during gaming like tomb raider. Typically with a 360 rad, it should have been an overkill. Unless you’re game is a simulator. 

Or else it will not be put in heavy loads, either of them really. I only use benchmark programs as Cinebench23 for testing my temps > yup but still cpu temp too high for a 360 aio

Oh so the 3 fans in front, should not go via the same splitter? now I have all 3 in same splitter, so it only takes up one fan header in my MB. Same with the 3 exhaust fans on the rad.  >>> depending on your fans, but you know what, 3 fans are too much. I’d like to even say 2 fans are too much. Unless you’re plugging them into a system pump header. You wouldn’t want to put too much load in one header that’s designed for only one fan. Better buy a fan hub. 

If I am going to change my AIO to a 240 rad or maybe a 280 rad, shoud I go for NZXT X53/ 63 or should I go for a Corsair AIO? 
(This is the brands I can buy from: "Corsair, ASUS, NZXT, Cooler Master, Fractal Design, MSI"). Nzxts should be fine really, I’m really surprised you’re getting bad temps. You better have that checked. But for branding asus 240 lcs would go nice for your system 😜 and i believe those uses a usb port for the fans and pump so you’d have extra headers for your fans 🙂

The best option for me is to re-use my X73 in a while, and maybe change it "down the road". >>> ye sure  but still though.... you better make a complaint for that and maybe request for a refund or maybe even a replacement.

3 minutes ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

Thermal paste was pre applied from NZXT. I build it myself. The fans on the cooler is Noctua NF A12x25. So they should be pretty good 🙂 

The build is about a month old, but the GPU is about a week old. 

But ryzen master reports higher temps than ASUS Fan Xpert 4 does. Right now master changes between 43-46C, but Fan Xpert says 41. 

As for now my computer uses VLC media player and plays 720P, Chrome with 15tabs, Task manager, Fan Xpert, Windows explorer and Spotify open. 
And plex media server, MSI afterburner, OneDrive, NZXT Cam, Razer Synapse, ASUS GPU tweak II, in the background. 

My 3 intake fans in front of the case is on the same speed for now, and is totaly like the exhaust fans in the top of the case. Should intake fans maybe have a higher rpm on lower temperatures than my exhaust fans? 

The exhaust fan in the rear is now set to only react to GPU temp from 40C and up. 

Your intake fans are really your discretion. But your top aio should always have rotation to help the rear fan and provide continous airflow. The front fans basically can be split to two. One is for your gpu and the other for your system in general.

right now that you’re current setting is good. Well there will be no other possible setting anyway 😂. Just don’t plug all 3 fans into a signle header. It will use too much load on your board and heat that header up 🧯

1 minute ago, Chrismike said:

Your intake fans are really your discretion. But your top aio should always have rotation to help the rear fan and provide continous airflow. The front fans basically can be split to two. One is for your gpu and the other for your system in general.

right now that you’re current setting is good. Well there will be no other possible setting anyway 😂. Just don’t plug all 3 fans into a signle header. It will use too much load on your board and heat that header up 🧯

So I would not benefit to set the intake fan at 50% speed, (around 1300rpm) and exhaust in the top at around 1100rpm when my computer is not at any load? 

I have not tried to take of the front panel, but I think that will help with temp also. 

I've stopped all my fans from the Fan Xpert software now, and I can hear the pump. My AIO pump is set to fixed speed at 100C all the time. 

Ryzen Master, Fan Xpert 4 and NZXT CAM software all reports different temps and spikes on my CPU. Only when i use heavy load benchmarking software, they report the same temp 😮 

3 minutes ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

So I would not benefit to set the intake fan at 50% speed, (around 1300rpm) and exhaust in the top at around 1100rpm when my computer is not at any load? 

I have not tried to take of the front panel, but I think that will help with temp also. 

I've stopped all my fans from the Fan Xpert software now, and I can hear the pump. My AIO pump is set to fixed speed at 100C all the time. 

Ryzen Master, Fan Xpert 4 and NZXT CAM software all reports different temps and spikes on my CPU. Only when i use heavy load benchmarking software, they report the same temp 😮 

I see i see. So that’s good. To be clear you’re using an nzxt 710i the one with fan hub right now right?because as far as i know, you can’t pull the front panels off of an nzxts.

you have the rad up top.

gpu temps around high 70s during gaming.

all 3 front fans are connected to you nzxt fan hub

1 rear fan connected to your motherboard directly

your kraken connected as well.

correct?

—- to address your concern about the 50% fan speed and lower exhaust fan speed....With that, you’re setting your case for something it isn’t designed for. That case is designed to have a negative air pressure. Meaning it would prefer a stronger exhaust than  stronger intake. With that in mind just try to visualize the air flowing from the bottom-up. Note.... negative airflow. If your exhaust is over powered by your intake, air gets stalled near the gpu causing it to heat up. Example.... you left all you fans at max. It will negatively impact your gpu temp. Remember that the pci slots are vents that acts as intakes in negative setup. 

with what you said all three fan at the front at a certain speed wouldn’t work because you’re confusing the air inside the case ( me as well) and by the looks of it, it won’t even over power the “negative air pressure” design. And I don’t even know what you’re trying to cool.

so try this setup:

set you temps for the cpu aio to performance.  Or you could even set it to max for now and the pump speed at 50%. Until you get the hang of it.

front fans:

upper front fan set it cpu temps. Zero rpm when cpu temp is 45degrees or below. Set to max rpm when cpu temp is 80degrees.

middle fan set it to pcie16 temps. 50% when temp below 48 max when it reches 68degrees

bottom fan set it to 100% permanently if sound is negligible. Otherwise set it to a comfortable sound level. That fan there isn’t really much help just maybe provide as much air as it can and hope that they can find theor way through the vents on top of the psu.

try that out see if it helps. If that helps maybe you won’t need the 4000d after all.

now if you actually have the 4000d right now and decide to remove the front panel as a permanent solution for great airflow, hmm you’d have a pretty dusty computer by fall.

35 minutes ago, Chrismike said:

I see i see. So that’s good. To be clear you’re using an nzxt 710i the one with fan hub right now right?because as far as i know, you can’t pull the front panels off of an nzxts.

you have the rad up top.

gpu temps around high 70s during gaming.

all 3 front fans are connected to you nzxt fan hub

1 rear fan connected to your motherboard directly

your kraken connected as well.

correct?

—- to address your concern about the 50% fan speed and lower exhaust fan speed....With that, you’re setting your case for something it isn’t designed for. That case is designed to have a negative air pressure. Meaning it would prefer a stronger exhaust than  stronger intake. With that in mind just try to visualize the air flowing from the bottom-up. Note.... negative airflow. If your exhaust is over powered by your intake, air gets stalled near the gpu causing it to heat up. Example.... you left all you fans at max. It will negatively impact your gpu temp. Remember that the pci slots are vents that acts as intakes in negative setup. 

with what you said all three fan at the front at a certain speed wouldn’t work because you’re confusing the air inside the case ( me as well) and by the looks of it, it won’t even over power the “negative air pressure” design. And I don’t even know what you’re trying to cool.

so try this setup:

set you temps for the cpu aio to performance.  Or you could even set it to max for now and the pump speed at 50%. Until you get the hang of it.

front fans:

upper front fan set it cpu temps. Zero rpm when cpu temp is 45degrees or below. Set to max rpm when cpu temp is 80degrees.

middle fan set it to pcie16 temps. 50% when temp below 48 max when it reches 68degrees

bottom fan set it to 100% permanently if sound is negligible. Otherwise set it to a comfortable sound level. That fan there isn’t really much help just maybe provide as much air as it can and hope that they can find theor way through the vents on top of the psu.

try that out see if it helps. If that helps maybe you won’t need the 4000d after all.

now if you actually have the 4000d right now and decide to remove the front panel as a permanent solution for great airflow, hmm you’d have a pretty dusty computer by fall.

I have NZXT H710 not the I version, so I don't have the fan hub. 

My MB is: ASUS ROG Strix B550 -F Gaming WiFi, so I don't have plenty with fan headers 😛 (3 + CPU header+CPU_opt+AIO header). 

RAD is on top of case, with fans as exhaust in pull config (I think), (on top of the rad). 

GPU temps, have I never seen over 63C when gaming, and last I gamed, was Cyberpunk with High/ Ultra setting, RTX deactivated and DLSS activated, in 1440p. 

Rear fan is connected directly in Cha_fan 3. 

Exhaust fans on rad 3x is connected via splitter in Cha_fan 1

Rad/ pump is connected to AIO fan header on MB, and sata power

Intake fans 3x is connected via splitter in Cha_fan2

If I understund you correct, the exhaust fans should have a higher speed than the intake, cause of negative pressure? 

One thing that is pretty confusing, is when the CPU is not at much load, HWInfo64, ASUS Fan Xpert 4, Ryzen Master, NZXT CAM software all report different temps on the CPU. ASUS Fan Xpert is what I use to set the fan curves. 

I can choose following source in fan xpert 4 for thermal sources for my fans: "CPU", "MotherBoard", "Chipset", "GPU". 

I have 2 free fan headers on my MB for now (CPU fan header and CPU OPT), I can connect two of my front fans to those. (But CPU_opt is using same setting as CPU fan. So I don't think I have enough headers, to use all 3 fans in front to different sources. Two of them need same source 🙂 Which source should the bottom fan have?

I haven't bought the 4000D yet, but considering it, cause the phanteks P400/ P500 never are in stock 😅

H710 was one of few cases that was in stock when I bought my parts, and I would have it in a case😆

Also, room temp is 25-26C. Its pretty warm room. 

I've taken off the front panel of my case (H710) and took it for a ride in Cinebench R23 10.min CU multi core, and it seems to drop around 2C, from when I had the front panel mounted. That said, I never removed the dust filter. Then my PC would be full of dust 😛  I'v found that HWinfo64 gives a good feedback for temps, and it is equal to ryzen master when it's on full load. 

6 hours ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

I have NZXT H710 not the I version, so I don't have the fan hub. 

My MB is: ASUS ROG Strix B550 -F Gaming WiFi, so I don't have plenty with fan headers 😛 (3 + CPU header+CPU_opt+AIO header). 

RAD is on top of case, with fans as exhaust in pull config (I think), (on top of the rad). 

GPU temps, have I never seen over 63C when gaming, and last I gamed, was Cyberpunk with High/ Ultra setting, RTX deactivated and DLSS activated, in 1440p. 

Rear fan is connected directly in Cha_fan 3. 

Exhaust fans on rad 3x is connected via splitter in Cha_fan 1

Rad/ pump is connected to AIO fan header on MB, and sata power

Intake fans 3x is connected via splitter in Cha_fan2

If I understund you correct, the exhaust fans should have a higher speed than the intake, cause of negative pressure? 

One thing that is pretty confusing, is when the CPU is not at much load, HWInfo64, ASUS Fan Xpert 4, Ryzen Master, NZXT CAM software all report different temps on the CPU. ASUS Fan Xpert is what I use to set the fan curves. 

I can choose following source in fan xpert 4 for thermal sources for my fans: "CPU", "MotherBoard", "Chipset", "GPU". 

I have 2 free fan headers on my MB for now (CPU fan header and CPU OPT), I can connect two of my front fans to those. (But CPU_opt is using same setting as CPU fan. So I don't think I have enough headers, to use all 3 fans in front to different sources. Two of them need same source 🙂 Which source should the bottom fan have?

I haven't bought the 4000D yet, but considering it, cause the phanteks P400/ P500 never are in stock 😅

H710 was one of few cases that was in stock when I bought my parts, and I would have it in a case😆

Also, room temp is 25-26C. Its pretty warm room. 

I've taken off the front panel of my case (H710) and took it for a ride in Cinebench R23 10.min CU multi core, and it seems to drop around 2C, from when I had the front panel mounted. That said, I never removed the dust filter. Then my PC would be full of dust 😛  I'v found that HWinfo64 gives a good feedback for temps, and it is equal to ryzen master when it's on full load. 

Oh ok. That’s nice then. You have pretty good temps all ready. How about the rest of your systemp? Like the temps for your pcie 8 chipsets, those sensors. If they’re like in the 40s as well and the chipset to like 60, then your temps are fine, switching to a mesh case won’t improve those number much may 3degrees drop

6 hours ago, Chrismike said:

Oh ok. That’s nice then. You have pretty good temps all ready. How about the rest of your systemp? Like the temps for your pcie 8 chipsets, those sensors. If they’re like in the 40s as well and the chipset to like 60, then your temps are fine, switching to a mesh case won’t improve those number much may 3degrees drop

So if I understand you correct, the temps is not that bad, and I would not benefit better temps (other than 2-5C), if I'm changing case? 

So CPU temps in the 40-45idle and 70-75 on full load is not bad? I have seen it up in the 80c after 100% load for 45min on all cores.

GPU, when bencmarking (rendering 3D) has been up to 64C, so I don't think that is too bad. 

This is my temps when I work via Citrix and have Chrome with 15tabs open on local computer + Spotify + different background apps.

image.png.b2573a55021f07d747bd0c61dba15b33.png

After 10.min of Cinebench R23 the temps look like this:

image.png.550fea540038aa8cc48447d6198da756.png

1 hour ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

So if I understand you correct, the temps is not that bad, and I would not benefit better temps (other than 2-5C), if I'm changing case? 

So CPU temps in the 40-45idle and 70-75 on full load is not bad? I have seen it up in the 80c after 100% load for 45min on all cores.

GPU, when bencmarking (rendering 3D) has been up to 64C, so I don't think that is too bad. 

This is my temps when I work via Citrix and have Chrome with 15tabs open on local computer + Spotify + different background apps.

image.png.b2573a55021f07d747bd0c61dba15b33.png

After 10.min of Cinebench R23 the temps look like this:

image.png.550fea540038aa8cc48447d6198da756.png

Yes that’s correct. Don’t get me wrong. Maintaining an 80c is still too high, considering your rad size. It’s high regardless of case. Your idle temp with idle loads are fine. Benchmarking as well. Spiking to 80 but gradually decreasing during/while stress test is running is what i would have expected. But hey, 80 is still well within range. 

disregarding the CPU’s temp, your case’s internal temp won’t improve by much. Yes about 2 or 3 degrees at the most, basing on your hwinfo.  Things will change for the worse of course if you switch to an air cooler, with an nzxt.

1 hour ago, Chrismike said:

Yes that’s correct. Don’t get me wrong. Maintaining an 80c is still too high, considering your rad size. It’s high regardless of case. Your idle temp with idle loads are fine. Benchmarking as well. Spiking to 80 but gradually decreasing during/while stress test is running is what i would have expected. But hey, 80 is still well within range. 

disregarding the CPU’s temp, your case’s internal temp won’t improve by much. Yes about 2 or 3 degrees at the most, basing on your hwinfo.  Things will change for the worse of course if you switch to an air cooler, with an nzxt.

I see, so the only thing I will "gain" if I change my case to Corsair 4000D is a Corsair case 😛 and more/ better airflow if I am going to aircool my cpu later on. 
Yes it's only spike's that goes up to the 80C, when stress testing. 
Just to say it, I would not aircool my CPU in H710 🙂