Hello,

I have:

Gtx 970 Rog Strix

i5-6600k

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

600W Psu

I want to OC but not sure what settings to up on msi afterburner. can anyone help?

Load a game in Windowed mode.

Switch to MSI, add 50Mhz initially and if it passes a couple mins of testing, raise 20Mhz, another few mins,..add again,...once your near +80 to +90Mhz and passing, switch to adding only +10 or +15Mhz each successful pass.

Youll find where it crashes, back off 10/15 or 25Mhz and retest stability for longer in other games, in fullscreen and in normal gameplay.

Adding 50Mhz on step one saves you doing +10 5 times initially, but use lower values of adding coreclock the further you go,use less values to increase. IE this first paragraph.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

Load a game in Windowed mode.

Switch to MSI, add 50Mhz initially and if it passes a couple mins of testing, raise 20Mhz, another few mins,..add again,...once your near +80 to +90Mhz and passing, switch to adding only +10 or +15Mhz each successful pass.

Youll find where it crashes, back off 10/15 or 25Mhz and retest stability for longer in other games, in fullscreen and in normal gameplay.

Do this same thing but instead of a game use MSI Kombuster. Less variable and has built in connections with afterburner