Power Tripped, Monitors Acting Weird

Redrooster
Go to solution Solved by Redrooster,
8 minutes ago, Pikatchu said:

Have you checked the monitors setting in windows? Making sure all monitor show up and detected by your PC.

Okay, I got it to work. I clicked on one of the grayed out monitors and I had to select 'extend desktop to the display' and I did that for the other grayed out one too.

I got all 4 monitors working now, I didn't think check that box. thanks!

I was chilling, streaming some YouTube with my friend on Discord, then the power tripped.

I have 4 monitors, 2 1080p, 1 1440p, and 1 4k monitor (the 4k monitor has a 3 in 1 splitter, not sure if that matters but there's that)

When my PC came back on, only the main display (1440p) and the top display (the 4k one with the splitter) showed anything. What's weird is, when I unplug the 4k monitor, the two 1080p monitors started displaying normally. But whenever I plug the 4k one back in, the two 1080p monitors stop displaying. leaving only the main and the 4k monitor displaying.

I tried unplugging every display cord, and doing a full shut down. Nothing. I tried booting in safe mode, no luck. I tried unplugging the splitter, and plugging the 4k monitor directly into the graphics card, still jank...

The PC works just fine, it's just the weird thing with the monitors... does anyone know what could be the issue? Thanks

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC RAM: 32GB 3200mHz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Display: Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" (2560p x 1440p) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK STORAGE: 120GB SSD boot drive, 10tb USB 3.0 Seagate game drive PSU: 650w Corsair CX CASE: NZXT H500i

3 minutes ago, Redrooster said:

I was chilling, streaming some YouTube with my friend on Discord, then the power tripped.

I have 4 monitors, 2 1080p, 1 1440p, and 1 4k monitor (the 4k monitor has a 3 in 1 splitter, not sure if that matters but there's that)

When my PC came back on, only the main display (1440p) and the top display (the 4k one with the splitter) showed anything. What's weird is, when I unplug the 4k monitor, the two 1080p monitors started displaying normally. But whenever I plug the 4k one back in, the two 1080p monitors stop displaying. leaving only the main and the 4k monitor displaying.

I tried unplugging every display cord, and doing a full shut down. Nothing. I tried booting in safe mode, no luck. I tried unplugging the splitter, and plugging the 4k monitor directly into the graphics card, still jank...

The PC works just fine, it's just the weird thing with the monitors... does anyone know what could be the issue? Thanks

Have you checked the monitors setting in windows? Making sure all monitor show up and detected by your PC.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

2 minutes ago, Pikatchu said:

image.thumb.png.0dcad9cf94aaa7fcbddd3e043538b754.png

They do show up when all of them are plugged in, but the two 1080p one's are small and grayed out for some reason.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC RAM: 32GB 3200mHz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Display: Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" (2560p x 1440p) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK STORAGE: 120GB SSD boot drive, 10tb USB 3.0 Seagate game drive PSU: 650w Corsair CX CASE: NZXT H500i

8 minutes ago, Pikatchu said:

Okay, I got it to work. I clicked on one of the grayed out monitors and I had to select 'extend desktop to the display' and I did that for the other grayed out one too.

I got all 4 monitors working now, I didn't think check that box. thanks!