Anything better than the Leadex III for $150?

mrdoubtfull

Looking at the Leadex III for $129 on sale at Newegg, anything else I should consider? 

Will be running 2-3 GPUs on it. 

Can increase budget if necessary. Thanks! 

you should consult the psu sticky its right in the power supply subforum.

6 minutes ago, mrdoubtfull said:

Looking at the Leadex III for $129 on sale at Newegg, anything else I should consider? 

Will be running 2-3 GPUs on it. 

Can increase budget if necessary. Thanks! 

What wattage is it? What gpus exactly, for what, mining? Will you be undervolting? 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

2 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

What wattage is it? What gpus exactly, for what, mining? Will you be undervolting? 

850w, sorry. Mining yes. 

I'll keep my 3090 in my primary system and probably run 2x 3070s and 1x 3080 for now on the Leadex III. CPU shouldn't pull much.

14 minutes ago, emosun said:

you should consult the psu sticky its right in the power supply subforum.

I should of been more specific, I'm sorry. See my previous reply. I'll be mining a few GPUs and just want to make sure it's adequate. I assumed the sticky would be ideal to look at for one or two GPU systems used primarily for gaming, but maybe it's good for everything? 

15 minutes ago, mrdoubtfull said:

I assumed the sticky would be ideal to look at for one or two GPU systems used primarily for gaming, but maybe it's good for everything? 

Unless you have some sort of wall outlet that provides more than 1600w then no nothing about your rig would differ than most.

17 hours ago, emosun said:

Unless you have some sort of wall outlet that provides more than 1600w then no nothing about your rig would differ than most.

I grabbed the Leadex III Gold as it seems to be the best 850w unit under $150.

Quick question, though, I have an RM850 (newer model non x) in my system with a 3090 currently. 

Which should I use in my system and which for mining 2-3 GPUs (3080s and 3070s)? I'm sure it probably doesn't matter but thought I'd ask.. 

The Toms Hardware said something about the RM850 supporting some Windows feature to allow faster boots so maybe just keep that installed? 

Two new features of the RM units, which are not present in the RMx 2018 line, are the increased efficiency under very light loads (2% of the max-rated-output) and support for Windows 10’s new Modern Standby mode that enhances boot speed and connectivity for your PC. The S3 sleep state usually takes anywhere from 7-15 seconds to turn on depending on your PC's configuration, while the Modern Standby function promises to bring that to reliably under five seconds.