What is the best driver for a 1070?

I'm wondering what the most stable/best driver is for a GTX1070

6 minutes ago, MrLouieDoe said:

I'm wondering what the most stable/best driver is for a GTX1070

The most recent stable driver build NVidia has released (non-beta).

The GeForce Experience software will ensure your card has the best driver installed. There are some drivers that people swear by but you can't install a driver older than 5 releases back. If you can find them... yay... but just let the software do its job.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You sure? I get lower FPS now compared to a good few months ago, and stuff sometimes don't render in 

1 minute ago, MrLouieDoe said:

You sure? I get lower FPS now compared to a good few months ago, and stuff sometimes don't render in 

Please quote whom you are responding to... using this icon image.png.96f5399e32acfc3ce8a9565e45c25960.png

Yes, there are on occasion performance changes in each release, but you don't have to upgrade every time, sometimes I let a 2-3 driver releases go by until I update.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

7 minutes ago, MrLouieDoe said:

There's more variables to consider other than graphic driver imo like windows update, game update, background software, gpu temperature, gpu/cpu average clock speed, condition of other hardware like storage, position of the moon, how many things have Linus drop/broke since few months ago. 

All these can affect your FPS. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |