Bedroom Media Solution?

Vorgex

I would like to watch shows and movies from the comfort of my bed, but my it's all stored on my PC which is in a different room.
What are my options here? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to run a cable that far (and still keep it neat).
Get a TV and connect it to the PC via wifi so I can stream my movies somehow?
Make a small media server, maybe I have no experience with this whatsoever but I'm interested, and will soon have a spare PC which could be converted for this use (if that's how it works).
Any and all suggestions are so very welcome.
Thank you in advance, everyone.

You could get some sort of streaming device (like a Fire TV Stick) and share your computers videos/screen on that (your computer might need an adapter for that to work). Or (my prefered solution) you could build a storage and streaming server (like you already stated). Depends on your TV and the connected devices what type of server would work best so some more info would be great.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

22 minutes ago, Vorgex said:

I would like to watch shows and movies from the comfort of my bed, but my it's all stored on my PC which is in a different room.
What are my options here? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to run a cable that far (and still keep it neat).
Get a TV and connect it to the PC via wifi so I can stream my movies somehow?
Make a small media server, maybe I have no experience with this whatsoever but I'm interested, and will soon have a spare PC which could be converted for this use (if that's how it works).
Any and all suggestions are so very welcome.
Thank you in advance, everyone.

Plex on chromecast. 

8 hours ago, SEAL62 said:

You could get some sort of streaming device (like a Fire TV Stick) and share your computers videos/screen on that (your computer might need an adapter for that to work). Or (my prefered solution) you could build a storage and streaming server (like you already stated). Depends on your TV and the connected devices what type of server would work best so some more info would be great.

Oh, I don't have a TV yet, and no connected devices afaik.

8 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Plex on chromecast. 

With Plex, is it possible to get a smarter TV onto which I can install Plex directly? Or is that not how things work?

-> Moved to Home Theater Equipment

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, Vorgex said:

With Plex, is it possible to get a smarter TV onto which I can install Plex directly? Or is that not how things work?

Yes, OR you can get something like a Firestick as most "Smart" TV's have shit software. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.