PC insanely loud while logging into Windows, Gaming or Under Load

djpabz23
Go to solution Solved by djpabz23,
23 minutes ago, Boomer Bot said:

Hot damn, good luck

I got it solved!

39 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

So after running Fan Expert, my chassis/case fans were not reporting a speed and they stayed at max speed after the auto tuner. My CPU cooler on the other hand was normal.

I found it weird, so I looked at my fan hub and noticed that there was a single empty red colored fan header (I'm assuming this one tells the machine how fast a fan is spinning). I unplugged one of the case fans and plugged it into that specific fan header.

When I was installing these fans with the fan hubs, the instructions were very unclear and hard to follow.

I ran auto tuner one more time and it read my fan speed for my chassis fans and now, it's completely silent!

I guess my fans kept ramping up as my PC was not aware how fast the fans were spinning,

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my build all around except for the power supply. 

Here is a list of my current setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Razer ATX Full Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Case Fan: Bitspower Touchaqua Notos O RGB 59 CFM 120 mm Fans 6-Pack

I knew the 5800x would run hotter than other chips, which is why I upgraded to an air cooler with a 9 fan setup.

Current fan setup:

Bottom: Intake w/ 3 Bitspower Touchaqua Notos O RGB fans

Side: Intake w/ 3 Bitspower Touchaqua Notos O RGB

Top: Radiator as exhaust with stock Arctic fans.

Every time I boot into Windows, my fans ramp up big time. When I open chrome or any other application, the fans ramp up big time. When playing games, the fans are constantly spinning at high speeds which lets off loud fan noise.

I'm not sure if it's the fans that I used or if this is expected from a 5800x, but is there anything I can do to lower fan noise without taking a hit on performance? Should I switch out my case fans? Should I add a custom fan curve (if so, can someone guide me to creating a fan curve for my specific system?)? 

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

SOLVED: If you're using the  Bitspower Touchaqua Notos O RGB as case fans WITH the included hub, MAKE SURE one of the fans is plugged into the red fan header on the hub,

To me what it sounds like is that your fan speed curve is kind of just set to the max, just go into your bios and set your fan curve. Not sure about your motherboard but you can probably set it back to default settings and that should be good enough. If you experience thermal throtteling than you can tinker with the curve settings to MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE and reduce sound.

22 minutes ago, djpabz23 said:

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

Asus has Fan Expert.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036402

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

10 minutes ago, Boomer Bot said:

To me what it sounds like is that your fan speed curve is kind of just set to the max, just go into your bios and set your fan curve. Not sure about your motherboard but you can probably set it back to default settings and that should be good enough. If you experience thermal throtteling than you can tinker with the curve settings to MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE and reduce sound.

Believe it or not, I am using the preset "quiet" mode that's included with the motherboard. 

1 minute ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

I'll take a look into it, thanks!

23 minutes ago, Boomer Bot said:

Hot damn, good luck

I got it solved!

39 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

So after running Fan Expert, my chassis/case fans were not reporting a speed and they stayed at max speed after the auto tuner. My CPU cooler on the other hand was normal.

I found it weird, so I looked at my fan hub and noticed that there was a single empty red colored fan header (I'm assuming this one tells the machine how fast a fan is spinning). I unplugged one of the case fans and plugged it into that specific fan header.

When I was installing these fans with the fan hubs, the instructions were very unclear and hard to follow.

I ran auto tuner one more time and it read my fan speed for my chassis fans and now, it's completely silent!

I guess my fans kept ramping up as my PC was not aware how fast the fans were spinning,