Building a PC!(Budjet under 1000$)

Hi friends, 

I want to build ah PC for video editing, 3D modelling purposes. Gaming is not compulsary. I don't want any RGB lighting or any external good appearances. Only performance matters to me.

My choice is 

•  AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.3GHz 20MB Cache AM4 Socket (YD270XBGAFBOX)(https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B428M7F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_1N1KFB7XM5VHBH6EGQ57?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)    300$
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 3200MHZ UDIMM C16 Desktop RAM Memory Module (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07W8ZDDKT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_MJEQRCKCNBCT81D5X9FT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1) 100$
  • Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 256 MB Cache for Computer Desktop PC (ST2000DM005)              (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07GWRP5LN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_RDY3ZFZJ9ZCEG6N9YPFH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). 70$

Choosing Graphics Card is a headache for me. I don't know which to choose.

.  From few browsing I think NVIDIA Quadro P1000 4GB GDDR5 128bit PCI Express 3.0 x16 Graphics Card (VCQP1000-PB) might be suitable But cost is high. 

Can anyone help with choosing Graphics Card and Motherboard and SSD(256GB)(under 100$) properly?

Note: I planned use an old LED TV for monitor and buy cheap mouse and keyboard (wireless)(30$). And Cheap Cabinet too 😉 (70$)

Processor- 300$

Ram-100$

Mouse, Keyboard,Monitor-100$

HDD-70$

SSD-100$

Total-670$

A good Graphics Card and a motherboard for 370$.Is it possible?

Possible reductions SSD to128GB.

Ram single Stick (16gb) for future upgrade. When needed add another 16gb. 

Please help with this.I need your suggestions for all my choices and to make a choice?

Edited by BarbarianKing17
Added Links and prices

Welcome to the LTT forums! If you are not doing anything like Solid Works or other programs that require verified drivers, do not buy a Quadro, unless you have a lot (I mean thousands of US dollars) of money to burn. Chances are you would be better off with a GTX 1060, 1070, RX480, 580 or etc. even a 1650 would be better.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

10 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Welcome to the LTT forums! If you are not doing anything like Solid Works or other programs that require verified drivers, do not buy a Quadro, unless you have a lot (I mean thousands of US dollars) of money to burn. Chances are you would be better off with a GTX 1060, 1070, RX480, 580 or etc. even a 1650 would be better.

Thank you for your reply.

I want to use blender for little animations Other than that Mostly video editing and Importantly Using Unity and Android Studio.

1070 is too costly for me 

1060 and 1650 suits me 

480 580 are little coslty

Which you consider is better from than last 4 options?

42 minutes ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

Hi friends, 

I want to build ah PC for video editing, 3D modelling purposes. Gaming is not compulsary. I don't want any RGB lighting or any external good appearances. Only performance matters to me.

My choice is 

•  AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.3GHz 20MB Cache AM4 Socket (YD270XBGAFBOX)(https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B428M7F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_1N1KFB7XM5VHBH6EGQ57?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)    300$
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 3200MHZ UDIMM C16 Desktop RAM Memory Module (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07W8ZDDKT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_MJEQRCKCNBCT81D5X9FT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1) 100$
  • Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 256 MB Cache for Computer Desktop PC (ST2000DM005)              (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07GWRP5LN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_RDY3ZFZJ9ZCEG6N9YPFH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). 70$

.  From few browsing I think NVIDIA Quadro P1000 4GB GDDR5 128bit PCI Express 3.0 x16 Graphics Card (VCQP1000-PB) might be suitable But cost is high. 

Can anyone help with choosing Graphics Card and Motherboard and SSD(256GB)(under 100$) properly?

Note: I planned use an old LED TV for monitor and buy cheap mouse and keyboard (wireless)(30$). And Cheap Cabinet too 😉 (70$)

Processor- 300$

Ram-100$

HDD-70$

SSD-100$

Total-670$

Please help with this.I need your suggestions for all my choices and to make a choice?

A cheap very good nvme SSD would be WD's SN550. But try and get the 500 gig version cause the 250 gig version costs too much in terms of price/gig. The 500 gig version costs less than 100 usd where I am. Should be similar in your place too. That way you can edit videos off if your SSD which would be much faster.

For RAM, I'd suggest two sticks of 8 gb in your preferred specs. Gives double the bandwidth. I'm not an expert in motherboards but you could choose a good msi b450 motherboard with 4 dimm slots, good vrm's etc...

As for video editing, you could choose a used decent 10 series card from nvidia like 1070 or 1070ti or even a 1080ti, something with more vram and cuda cores, especially if you use nvenc for exporting videos. I don't have a ton of exp with the Quadro so here are my two cents. 🙂

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

2 minutes ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

I want to use blender for little animations Other than that Mostly video editing and Importantly Using Unity and Android Studio.

1060 and 1650 suits me 

Go for the one with more vram and cuda cores. I would advise against AMD, because nvenc is lovely. But that's just my personal opinion. 

2 minutes ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

1060 and 1650 suits me 

the 1060, 480, and 580 are about equivalent to each other, (thought the 3GB version of the 1060 is a bit slower)  so of those three choose what you can get. otherwise here are some alternative options, if you can afford it grab the GTX 1660 or 5700.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

A cheap very good nvme SSD would be WD's SN550. But try and get the 500 gig version cause the 250 gig version costs too much in terms of price/gig. The 500 gig version costs less than 100 usd where I am. Should be similar in your place too.

For RAM, I'd suggest two sticks of 8 gb in your preferred specs. Gives double the bandwidth. I'm not an expert in motherboards but you could choose a good msi b450 motherboard with 4 dimm slots, good vrm's etc...

As for video editing, you could choose a used decent 10 series card from nvidia like 1070 or 1070ti or even a 1080ti, something with more vram and cuda cores, especially if you use nvenc for exporting videos. I don't have a ton of exp with the Quadro so here are my two cents. 🙂

I live in India.Can you send me the link for buying SSD?  and 1070,1070ti and 1080ti are way above my budget.

Need graphics card under(250$) 

I planned 16gb based on future upgrade to 32gb

Can you explain dimm slots, vrm, etc.. 

I don't know what to consider while buying Motherboard.

4 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Go for the one with more vram and cuda cores. I would advise against AMD, because nvenc is lovely. But that's just my personal opinion. 

Nvenc means

Assuming that you are in the US I recommend the ASRock B450 Pro 4.

4 minutes ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

Nvenc means

Nvidia Nvenc is a feature in Nvidia graphics cards that performs video encoding, offloading this compute-intensive task from the CPU to a dedicated part of the GPU. It helps with encoding streams and it accelerates applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve.

5 minutes ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

Nvenc means

Nvenc is a video encoder, a really good one from Nvidia, esp. the one found on the RTX 2000 series and GTX1660s. If you can find a GTX 1660, seriously, jump on it.

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Nvenc is a video encoder, a really good one from Nvidia, esp. the one found on the RTX 2000 series and GTX1660s.

Do all nvidia cards contain Nvenc?

Just now, BarbarianKing17 said:

Do all nvidia cards contain Nvenc?

Different variations, and AMD has theirs, but the version NVenc found on the 16 series, 20 series, and now 30 series is significantly better than previous versions.

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Nvenc is a video encoder, a really good one from Nvidia, esp. the one found on the RTX 2000 series and GTX1660s. If you can find a GTX 1660, seriously, jump on it.

GTX 1660 is just above 20000INR (270$) yeah I choose this. Are you sure this suits me well. Based on this price is it  best for my requirements?

58 minutes ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

Hi friends, 

My choice is 

Processor- 300$

Ram-100$

HDD-70$

SSD-100$

Total-670$

Do you think My processor choice is good? And other choices. Do they need any changes?

Just now, BarbarianKing17 said:

GTX 1660 is just above 20000INR (270$) yeah I choose this. Are you sure this suits me well. Based on this price is it  best for my requirements?

Yes it will work really well for your use case, it's in the neighborhood of 2/3 to 3/4 as fast as 1070, about 60-70% faster than a 1060 6gb, and about ~300% faster than a Quadro P1000 with 50% more VRAM.

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yes it will work really well for your use case, it's in the neighborhood of 2/3 to 3/4 as fast as 1070, about 60-70% faster than a 1060 6gb, and about ~300% faster than a Quadro P1000 with 50% more VRAM.

GTX 1660 how much Memory?

4 minutes ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

Do you think My processor choice is good? And other choices. Do they need any changes?

While aging, the 2700x is a good still very capable processor, while a 3700 or 5700 would be better, good luck getting your hands on those for a reasonable price. So yeah this should be good enough for your budget. (processor wise)

1 minute ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

GTX 1660 how much Memory?

The 1660 has 6GB of VRAM.

1 hour ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

I live in India.Can you send me the link for buying SSD?  and 1070,1070ti and 1080ti are way above my budget.

Need graphics card under(250$) 

I planned 16gb based on future upgrade to 32gb

Can you explain dimm slots, vrm, etc.. 

I don't know what to consider while buying Motherboard.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YFF3JCN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_8BT9JTY9F39WJJ7FFP6A

Here's the link for the SSD.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08L598DYN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_6V3RM0N5VWPSCZMQP101

This is a very good b450 motherboard from MSI. It has 4 ram slots. And I'm not an expert in the following fields but it has good power delivery and can handle Ryzen chips very good. (See reviews)

Also do make sure this mobo will fit in your case. Also you could go for cheaper mobos. 😬

A word of advice, when installing the SSD, put it in the m.2 slot just below the CPU socket.

4 hours ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

Hi friends, 

My choice is 

Processor- 300$

Ram-100$

HDD-70$

SSD-100$

Total-670$

I just now found a mistake. I mentioned UDIMM ram as my choice.

Now finally rectified to DIMM.

2 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YFF3JCN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_8BT9JTY9F39WJJ7FFP6A

Here's the link for the SSD.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08L598DYN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_6V3RM0N5VWPSCZMQP101

This is a very good b450 motherboard from MSI. It has 4 ram slots. And I'm not an expert in the following fields but it has good power delivery and can handle Ryzen chips very good. (See reviews)

Also do make sure this mobo will fit in your case. Also you could go for cheaper mobos. 😬

A word of advice, when installing the SSD, put it in the m.2 slot just below the CPU socket.

Thank you so much for the SSD.

I have chosen 250 GB almost ⅘ of this price. By the way Motherboard you suggested MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX II ATX Gaming Motherboard and  I have chosen B450 Pro4. Is there any difference?

26 minutes ago, BarbarianKing17 said:

Thank you so much for the SSD.

I have chosen 250 GB almost ⅘ of this price. By the way Motherboard you suggested MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX II ATX Gaming Motherboard and  I have chosen B450 Pro4. Is there any difference?

There are differences. I mean there has to be. I'm not aware of them. But Tomahawk is probably one of the best as far as I know, even if it ain't the best it's very reliable. I don't know about the other board, please do some research, or see what answers you get here in the forum.

PS: I really really think a 500 gig ssd would be better for video editing as you can edit off of it, but it's okay if you don't have the budget for it.

3 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

There are differences. I mean there has to be. I'm not aware of them. But Tomahawk is probably one of the best as far as I know, even if it ain't the best it's very reliable. I don't know about the other board, please do some research, or see what answers you get here in the forum.

PS: I really really think a 500 gig ssd would be better for video editing as you can edit off of it, but it's okay if you don't have the budget for it.

I accepted your suggestion about SSD.

500GB is 5000 INR and my previous choice was 259GB for 3850INR. I thanked you for sending the link.

8 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

8 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

A cheap very good nvme SSD would be WD's SN550. But try and get the 500 gig version cause the 250 gig version costs too much in terms of price/gig. The 500 gig version costs less than 100 usd where I am. Should be similar in your place too. That way you can edit videos off if your SSD which would be much faster.

7 hours ago, datalaughing said:

Nvidia Nvenc is a feature in Nvidia graphics cards that performs video encoding, offloading this compute-intensive task from the CPU to a dedicated part of the GPU. It helps with encoding streams and it accelerates applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve.

Sorry guys. I quoted you for getting Notification. The reason is Ryzen 7 2700x is available only in 2nd Generation. Will it be a issue with performance? Or recommend a Good processor under 300$ please