New to mining, need help! With NiceHash!

Go to solution Solved by Lurick,

Are you sure closing NiceHash isn't just minimizing to the system tray as a hidden icon on the right of the bar?

Hi! Recently I started mining using NiceHash. Now, the fans on my RTX 3060 Ti FE will not turn off and there pretty loud, even when I'm not mining. Then, I noticed that a program called Excavator v1.6.3g is open with the NiceHash logo. I think this is the reason. is there any way to close it, as when I try to close window or end task it just re opens and the fans go to 63% speed (LOUD)

I really want to be able to have a silent PC and I am afraid that this will impact my gaming performance. Note that if uninstalling NiceHash is the solution, I am fine with that.

Thanks for any help!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Are you sure closing NiceHash isn't just minimizing to the system tray as a hidden icon on the right of the bar?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It sounds like you didn't actually stop mining. You just closed the interface as @Lurick said. Right click the icon in the tray and hit stop.

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Just now, Den-Fi said:

That sounds correct. However, It sounds like you didn't actually stop mining. You just closed the interface as @Lurick said. Right click the icon in the tray and hit stop.

That sounds correct, however, in NiceHash dashboard it showed that the rig was not on. 

I just restarted my computer, and it worked. So I think you both are right.

I will start up the rig again and then try to do what you said.

Thanks, both of you!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

10 minutes ago, Lurick said:

8 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

It sounds like you didn't actually stop mining. You just closed the interface as @Lurick said. Right click the icon in the tray and hit stop.

Small problem, I can't figure out how to open the miner, even when I click on start rigs.... 😬