Pc boots but no signal from anything

eggnogeggs
Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,
1 minute ago, eggnogeggs said:

Also, tried putting the motherboard on the box and trying it, still getting error message. Might send it to manufacturer to get it repaired or replaced if you can do that, ( I'm not sure because I've never done It before.)

You can, if its under warranty, otherwise time for a new motherboard sadly.

ASUS B450

RX 570

RYZEN 3200G

16GB RAM

850w Bronze PSU

Pc fails to post properly. I plug in PSU, mb lights turn on, press power button, everything turns on, yet I get no signal from the monitor and keyboard and mouse don't light up.

I've tested 2 different PSU, so probs not PSU issue. Also, I get no motherboard speaker beeps when I turn it on. I know the speakers work because when I take out the ram and turn pc on it starts to beep.

Probs cpu or mb issue. What should I do?

11 minutes ago, emosun said:

post the correct model of the motherboard

ASUS B450-A

16 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

If this is a new system, try booting with onboard graphics by removing the GPU

Pretty much all parts are new, but ive booted the system before. Problem started occuring after I accidentally enabled XMP but ram was in slots 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4. I'll try this still though

Just now, eggnogeggs said:

Pretty much all parts are new, but ive booted the system before. Problem started occuring after I accidentally enabled XMP but ram was in slots 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4. I'll try this still though

then all you need to do is remove the bios battery for 10 secs then put it back in.

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

new or old build? has it worked before?

If the board has a bios older than Version 1201 (2019/05/10) your CPU will not work. 

New, pc has booted before though

Just now, TrigrH said:

then all you need to do is remove the bios battery for 10 secs then put it back in.

I think I have done that but it didn't work. I'll try again though. Do I need to short any pins like the CLRTC_CHASSIS? Also, should I see if buying a new battery could fix the problem?

Just now, eggnogeggs said:

I think I have done that but it didn't work. I'll try again though. Do I need to short any pins like the CLRTC_CHASSIS? Also, should I see if buying a new battery could fix the problem?

nah just flip the coin battery, if that fails get out the manual and do it exactly how they say it.

Just now, TrigrH said:

nah just flip the coin battery, if that fails get out the manual and do it exactly how they say it.

Alr gonna test it in a sec, I took out my 850w out and put in a diff PSU to make sure it wasn't PSU, have to put it back in

13 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I took out the battery and laid it upside down for around 20 seconds and put it back in. Didn't work and I did it again but also shorted the 2 pins, still didn't work. Might need a new battery if that is the problem. But I'm also not getting any mb speaker beeps, would it beep a code If that was a problem?

11 minutes ago, eggnogeggs said:

I took out the battery and laid it upside down for around 20 seconds and put it back in. Didn't work and I did it again but also shorted the 2 pins, still didn't work. Might need a new battery if that is the problem. But I'm also not getting any mb speaker beeps, would it beep a code If that was a problem?

A CMOS clear always fixes a failed XMP boot, which means something else might be wrong. Its not the battery. Remove the GPU and 1 stick of ram.

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

A CMOS clear always fixes a failed XMP boot, which means something else might be wrong. Its not the battery. Remove the GPU and 1 stick of ram.

Got a post! What do I do from here?

Got a post! What do I do from here?

I can't seem to get into bios, I spam de and f2, nothing happens. I get this after20210309_234009.thumb.jpg.040216a09d63cc3e3960381f59c24d14.jpg

I can't seem to get into bios, I spam de and f2, nothing happens. I get this after

USB device over current status detected.

Remove all USB devices, make sure the IO shield tabs are not inside the USB ports. Make sure the motherboard is correctly installed using standoffs.

7 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

USB device over current status detected.

Remove all USB devices, make sure the IO shield tabs are not inside the USB ports. Make sure the motherboard is correctly installed using standoffs.

Removed keyboard. I don't have the IO shield on my case, and all standoffs and screws are very tight and secure.IMG_20210309_235222297.thumb.jpg.3578e1f6b090c45fd042171cf000602a.jpgIMG_20210309_235052161.thumb.jpg.edd1d50f9307b3fbc0803c6efc1afc4a.jpg

2 minutes ago, eggnogeggs said:

Removed keyboard. I don't have the IO shield on my case, and all standoffs and screws are very tight and secure.

Remove the two USB front panel plugs (to the left of the empty sata ports) to see if the error goes away.

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Remove the two USB front panel plugs (to the left of the sata ports) to see if the error goes away.

Error persists after taking out black and blue usb front panel connector. Which other one should I disconnect? IMG_20210309_235839500.thumb.jpg.97739079537d5d123288e7b71a43a11f.jpg

Error persists after taking out black and blue usb front panel connector. Which other one should I disconnect? 

Does your case not have USB 2.0 ports? Can I have a photo of the motherboard USB ports?

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Does your case not have USB 2.0 ports? Can I have a photo of the motherboard USB ports?

IMG_20210310_240320815.jpg 

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

my case comes with only the blue/black one and I think another usb cord but don't think my mb has a spot for it1615356344830502521056.thumb.jpg.ca23c2930b8c02d0db94733b3d1c8ef6.jpg

2 minutes ago, eggnogeggs said:

my case comes with only the blue/black one and I think another usb cord but don't think my mb has a spot for it

That last cable is for USB 3.0. I cant see anything wrong so to be safe I would remove the motherboard and test the system ontop of the mobo box. if the error happens again, the mobo could be bad.

15 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

That last cable is for USB 3.0. I cant see anything wrong so to be safe I would remove the motherboard and test the system ontop of the mobo box. if the error happens again, the mobo could be bad.

Alright I'll do that. If it doesn't work should I look into trying to get mobo repaired or replaced?

Also, thanks for all the help