Recommend a PCIe Ethernet Adapter

ColdPixel

I have 1 gigabit up/down internet (Beanfield), and my mobo's NIC is failing me (Asus Z170-A with Intel I219-V NIC).  Whenever I stress the connection, it drops (in TaskManager > Performance, the Ethernet literally disappears and then reappears).  I can't finish a SpeedTest.net test without the connection dropping.  From some Google searching, I believe this is a known issue with the I219-V NIC and there isn't a solution. 

I want to buy a PCIe ethernet adapter.  Minimum 1GBit speed.   I don't run a server or anything.  Just a normal computer user.  Recommendations? 

Any reason for the giant budget? Gigabit NICs are super cheap these days, usually around $10-$20.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Have you tried testing a linux distro to check that its not a driver issue.

Otherwise there basically all the same for your use. This cheap one should be fine https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-1000Mbps-Gigabit-Ethernet-supported/dp/B003CFATNI/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=1gbit+nic&qid=1615322690&sr=8-2

@ProjectBox153 No reason for the budget.  I was just scanning through all the Amazon listings, got dizzy reading various user reviews, then came here. 

@Electronics Wizardy I don't know how to test drivers with Linux.  I'm hoping that buying a new NIC is the path of least resistance. Thanks.

Just now, ColdPixel said:

@ProjectBox153 No reason for the budget.  I was just scanning through all the Amazon listings, got dizzy reading various user reviews, then came here. 

@Electronics Wizardy I don't know how to test drivers with Linux.  I'm hoping that buying a new NIC is the path of least resistance. Thanks.

Make a bootable linux usb, then run speed test. If it works, its probably a driver error.

14 minutes ago, ColdPixel said:

I have 1 gigabit up/down internet (Beanfield), and my mobo's NIC is failing me (Asus Z170-A with Intel I219-V NIC).  Whenever I stress the connection, it drops (in TaskManager > Performance, the Ethernet literally disappears and then reappears).  I can't finish a SpeedTest.net test without the connection dropping.  From some Google searching, I believe this is a known issue with the I219-V NIC and there isn't a solution. 

I want to buy a PCIe ethernet adapter.  Minimum 1GBit speed.  Preferably $150 or less.  I don't run a server or anything.  Just a normal computer user.  Recommendations? 

$150? You can get a 10 gbit nic for 10gbps forget 1gbps