Wait or Not?!

Should I get a corei7-10875H rtx 2070 max q laptop with 32Gb of ram at 1700€ (-15%) Or wait for 11th gen with 30series? I have been already waiting for like 10 months and my old 9 year old laptop seems struggling. I frequently have to reset network,etc. is it a bad deal ? As you can guess, I don’t get new laptop very often. Will this work for 6+ years (kinda) smoothly? I mostly do university stuff. I study mechanical engineering.

If you can, try and wait for 11th gen to release.

But if you need a new laptop now, then you can get that laptop.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

14 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

If you can, try and wait for 11th gen to release.

But if you need a new laptop now, then you can get that laptop.

Thanks for replying. Some 11th gen cpus were announced September if I recall correctly. Notebookcheck says announce date is 3 month later and until it’s available enough to make choices (I need more cpu power than gpu and most gaming laptops prioritize gpu and I  don’t want to pay extera for worstation) add chip shortages to that and it might take more time(happy to know your guess). Do you think cpu performance is very different? I know that 2070 max q doesn't worth that much when availability goes up but I don’t know if it will provide good experience in future.

A 2070 is decent for just studying and for uni and all that.

If you don't mind me asking, which country are you in?

I think I can just make a pcpartpicker list and it'll be as good or maybe better than getting the laptop.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

13 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

A 2070 is decent for just studying and for uni and all that.

If you don't mind me asking, which country are you in?

I think I can just make a pcpartpicker list and it'll be as good or maybe better than getting the laptop.

Thanks again.
I want to order from Germany.

I do know that computers outperform laptops, Mostly are cheaper for same level of performance ... . But I want mobility of laptops.

1 hour ago, Arshia said:

Thanks again.
I want to order from Germany.

I do know that computers outperform laptops, Mostly are cheaper for same level of performance ... . But I want mobility of laptops.

What brand of laptop is it?

1 hour ago, Arshia said:

never heard off.Check Lenovo de they have superb laptops quality wise,and they often have 25% off coupons on the site.

check this aswell https://www.mediamarkt.at/de/shop/ausstellungsstuecke.html i know its in Austria,but check it everyday that have often some sick discounts.Once saw laptop went from 3.9k to 2.1k,or hp omen went from 1.4k to 600e just because is ausstellungsstücke.