Display Suggestions: Resolution and Refresh rate

Corbit

Hello. I would like to seek some help and suggestions to our professional community.

I would like to buy a new display for my PC. I am using an RX 570 4gb GPU and I would like to know what Resolution and refresh rates should I look into.

*Currently using an old Sharp TV for my monitor. 1366 x 768, 60 hz (not sure).

*Also I'd like to have an idea on what refresh rates will my RX 570 4gb becomes the bottleneck.

Thanks in advance.

What are you doing on the computer? Games? Web browsing? We'll need more information in order to recommend a good resolution, though anything higher than 1366x768 will be a treat. Your RX 570 will be fine running a higher resolution display. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

4 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

What are you doing on the computer? Games? Web browsing? We'll need more information in order to recommend a good resolution, though anything higher than 1366x768 will be a treat. Your RX 570 will be fine running a higher resolution display. 

Mostly gaming. Also some light editing (Video and photo). I'd like to change my monitor since its an old tv so its bulky and has this old tv feeling where it hurts your eyes viewing the pixels. (Lol.)

Read the above link to get a better idea of what u want, where to look etc.

After that, come back here and we can help.

1st and foremost, budget ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 3/10/2021 at 1:07 AM, SolarNova said:

Read the above link to get a better idea of what u want, where to look etc.

After that, come back here and we can help.

1st and foremost, budget ?

Ya, I've already checked that post. Thanks.

As for the budget, 200-300 dollar range, but considering the fact that my set up is on the lower spectrum, it would be an overkill to buy an expensive one. what do you think?

12 hours ago, Corbit said:

Ya, I've already checked that post. Thanks.

As for the budget, 200-300 dollar range, but considering the fact that my set up is on the lower spectrum, it would be an overkill to buy an expensive one. what do you think?

I'd say a $300 budget is where u should be looking. The RX 570 was a $170 on release, when looking at the budget GPU's i'd certainly say u should be looking at the 2x the price end of the spectrum rather than say 1.5x which is where u would be looking it you had a top end card.

You cant really have to much budget to spend on a monitor, though u can certainly pay to much for how a monitor performs vs other options.

The Gigabyte G27Q is a great monitor for the price which is more or less exactly $300, it is however 1440p which will be a struggle to run natively at high settings on modern titles with ur RX570. That said, i really wouldn't recommend going 1080p nowadays unless ur on a such a tight budget that u just need 'a display' regardless of quality.

You can always lower the rendering resolution of a game down to 1080p if need be.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/g27q

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

If you are not going to upgrade your gpu I would say 1440p 60hz IPS is the best choice.
I have one with a rx 580 4gb, good for older games movies and general usage. I would never go back to 1080p and if you are not into csgo I would avoid high refresh rate monitors. I personally can't really tell the difference between 60 and a 100 fps but IPS is waaaay better for movies compared to TN.