How to sync rgb lights connected through usb?

I have an LED strip connected with a four pin connector to USB and it lights up fine. Except it lights up in only one pattern and I would like to sync it with Asus Aura sync or corsair Icue but I have not been successful. How can I sync these?

You’d need to change the strip. Aura sync generally use 3 pin RGB headers. 

If the usb controller is removed then you could try a controller that takes 3 pin RGB and outputs to 4 pin. 

-> Moved to Cases and Mods

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

if it's just a USB powered strip, you probably can't.

It won't have the tech in it to talk to Aura.  

On 3/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, Mq3 said:

I have an LED strip connected with a four pin connector to USB and it lights up fine. Except it lights up in only one pattern and I would like to sync it with Asus Aura sync or corsair Icue but I have not been successful. How can I sync these?

you cant link rgb to argb. well you can but it will cost like $90 to do so.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

11 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

you cant link rgb to argb. well you can but it will cost like $90 to do so.

How would I do this? Does it require a controller?

57 minutes ago, Mq3 said:

click the link

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 hour ago, Mq3 said:

hold on link what strip you got and usb controller

if you dont have a mb argb or rgb header then you can use a usb controller like what you did but it just maul and you want software?

well you would need to use a internal usb controller then download there software for example corsair you would buy the commander or lighting node controller then download icue. but corsair uses priority connectors on there stuff so only corsair stuff will work with it but you can buy adapters to use others on it.

even if you get them connected there software is setup to there strips or fans with so many leds so if you have more or less then what there software can use it will look odd by not lighting up all leds or repeating the animation. however there are random animations that work with w/e amount of leds like rainbow or solid color and a few other like rain. there one that lights 1 led at a time that can be missed up if you have more or less leds hooked up to there controller.

Edited by thrasher_565

On 3/10/2021 at 1:21 AM, thrasher_565 said:

hold on link what strip you got and usb controller

if you dont have a mb argb or rgb header then you can use a usb controller like what you did but it just maul and you want software?

well you would need to use a internal usb controller then download there software for example corsair you would buy the commander or lighting node controller then download icue. but corsair uses priority connectors on there stuff so only corsair stuff will work with it but you can buy adapters to use others on it.

even if you get them connected there software is setup to there strips or fans with so many leds so if you have more or less then what there software can use it will look odd by not lighting up all leds or repeating the animation. however there are random animations that work with w/e amount of leds like rainbow or solid color and a few other like rain. there one that lights 1 led at a time that can be missed up if you have more or less leds hooked up to there controller.

Ok, I'm prob gonna head to microcenter and get things sorted out there, and hope not to spend too much money on a controller. Thx, my main priority is probably getting to sync it with Asus Aurasync.