Built-in software modification

tuncelarda
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

Well, sadly not much you can do...

The big chip is an audio codec chip with everything built in...

On the bottom there's a basic i2c eprom chip  (I think it has 4096 bits or 512 bytes) , that chip may store some default settings for the audio chip and maybe the initialization color in the form of 3 bytes (red, green, blue) for each preset but i doubt it. I think it only contains the usb information (the branding, how to show up in windows when it's detected, usb ids, maybe volume settings and stuff like that)

You could try reading the chip with an arduino or an eprom reader/writer and messing around editing some bytes in that and see what happens... the pinout is super basic and datasheet can be easily found (ex https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/Atmel PDFs/AT24C01A,02,04,08,16 (2001).pdf  )

Seeing the headphones on google, I suspect the controller is built into the headset, and there's just two wires going to it,  voltage and the button wire (and they're reusing the ground from left, right, ground for power return, or something like that.

I don't see the text on the circuit board, it's covered by the wires. I see two pads for microphone, 3 wires are probably left and right speakers, rest is most likely rgb related (power for the leds and signal wire for the button for rgb

I have a James Donkey 712 headset. There are RGB lights on it and it have got a control board attached to its cable. A button on the control board changes the RGB mode for different coloring options. There are 3 coloring different modes built in the headset and the ugliest one is selected for first start. I am a laptop user and every time I start my laptop, ugly RGB mode starts the RGB light show and I change the mode with pressing the button on the control board. Are there any way to change the selected first start mode? I think it should have a "code" or "program" just like the BİOS on PC, but am I able to reach and change it?

It depends on the controller chip used inside the headphones and if the controller stores the last used mode somewhere (or has the option for it).

You would have to open the headphones and figure out the chip, manufacturer, part number etc 

Worst case scenario, you could completely disconnect the leds and button from the existing circuit and add your own chip that lights the leds and defaults on a particular color by default.

But all of 

On 3/8/2021 at 11:24 AM, mariushm said:

It depends on the controller chip used inside the headphones and if the controller stores the last used mode somewhere (or has the option for it).

You would have to open the headphones and figure out the chip, manufacturer, part number etc 

Worst case scenario, you could completely disconnect the leds and button from the existing circuit and add your own chip that lights the leds and defaults on a particular color by default.

But all of 

ok, I have disassembled the controller case and here it is. But I dont know what I am looking for... Can you understand is it reprogrammable? I searhed internet for "ZH5-drive-by-wire-v3.0 16/7/28" but I cannot found anything.

Dosya_000.jpeg

Dosya_001.jpeg

Well, sadly not much you can do...

The big chip is an audio codec chip with everything built in...

On the bottom there's a basic i2c eprom chip  (I think it has 4096 bits or 512 bytes) , that chip may store some default settings for the audio chip and maybe the initialization color in the form of 3 bytes (red, green, blue) for each preset but i doubt it. I think it only contains the usb information (the branding, how to show up in windows when it's detected, usb ids, maybe volume settings and stuff like that)

You could try reading the chip with an arduino or an eprom reader/writer and messing around editing some bytes in that and see what happens... the pinout is super basic and datasheet can be easily found (ex https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/Atmel PDFs/AT24C01A,02,04,08,16 (2001).pdf  )

Seeing the headphones on google, I suspect the controller is built into the headset, and there's just two wires going to it,  voltage and the button wire (and they're reusing the ground from left, right, ground for power return, or something like that.

I don't see the text on the circuit board, it's covered by the wires. I see two pads for microphone, 3 wires are probably left and right speakers, rest is most likely rgb related (power for the leds and signal wire for the button for rgb