RTX 2070 doesn't seem to work well with windows wondering what's wrong.

So I sold my friend an RTX 2070 about 3 months ago. I used it for 2 years prior to selling it to him. I had mined on the card and new it could be faulty after using it to mine for maybe 100+ days. He called me telling me the pc went black while he was playing Rocket League. I went to his house popped in a GT 1030 to test it out with and the pc worked perfectly fine as well as running on integrated graphics. I take the card home, and put it in a test bench the card boots bios and windows install media just like normal. I set it up with an offline account and after about 10 seconds of just sitting on the desktop with nothing opened the screen went black and didn't come back on. Eventually forced a restart and bios screen showed then black. I continued doing that until the windows recovery started. Things I've tried are putting it in other benches with the exact same issue. Haven't tried anything else because I've got no idea where to start. I've heard of DDU but haven't gotten around to it. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

This is the exact card: https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-Windforce-Graphics-GV-N2070WF3-8GC/dp/B07JBTS8HR/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=gigabyte+rtx+2070&qid=1615178813&sr=8-10

Try undervolting it to see if thats helps

9 hours ago, MaybeFX said:

Try undervolting it to see if thats helps

Will try thanks for the comment

11 hours ago, davisg said:

Will try thanks for the comment

Of course, let me know if that helped.