Low framerate with minecraft shaders

Hello, so I've been trying to figure out why my framerate in minecraft with shaders is so low, and my gpu usage is low as well, peaking at 50%, and usually sitting at around 10-20. I have allocated 6 gigs of ram for minecraft, and have an r5 1600 and an rx 5700. I am using bsl shaders on the medium present, no settings changed except vigentte and motion blur disabled. I get anywhere from 5-40 fps, and get 100-200 fps without the shaders, so I don't think it's a cpu bottleneck. I seem to get low framerate regardless of what settings I use, except completely turning them off. 

Is there any optifine setting or shader setting that tanks performance on amd cards? Also, is there anything I should change in the driver settings? 

edit: forgot to say what my render distance was. I have it set to 24, but this was tested on hypixel in the main lobby, away from any people, so it's whatever render distance is the maximum on hypixel

edit 2: I found this solution elsewhere, would this do anything if I could somehow replicate it on amd? 

"Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings, and set Threaded Optimization to Off, and Low Latency Mode to Off."

edit 3: I apparently did notr have 6 gb allocated, and only had 2. I forgot to do that after reinstalling minecraft. 

This is normal performance.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

This is normal performance.

Normal performance? I get the same framerate regardless of resolution (I dropped down to 480p just to test), settings, or optifine enhancements. How is that normal?

try using continuum shaders it's much faster and look good.

It also supports PBR, Normal Maps,Etc.

Despite having a potato pc myself it's not that fast either but at least a bit playable

12 minutes ago, gamagama69 said:

Normal performance? I get the same framerate regardless of resolution (I dropped down to 480p just to test), settings, or optifine enhancements. How is that normal?

Indeed that's not normal.

Try this guide on how to reduce lag:

37 minutes ago, MoJoMax said:

Indeed that's not normal.

Try this guide on how to reduce lag:

I found that by disabling smooth world and smooth fps, I was able to get higher frame rates. I still have fairly low usage in multiplayer, at about 40-50%, but in single player, I get up to 70%, and far smoother framerates. 

Maybe the same framerate even dropping to lower res is just because vsync is active. And about shaders they're all very poorly optimised even my rtx 3070 struggle to run them at max setting depending of the place i stand in. We still need to wait for RTX feature on the java edition for optimised graphics and gameplay instead of shaders.

CPU Intel Core i7 9700F GPU Galax RTX 3070 EX (1 Click OC) Motherboard : Asrock B365M Pro4 CPU Cooler : be quiet! Dark Rock 4 RAM : (2x8) 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator 2666mhz SSD : PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 PSU : Corsair RM 650 (2019) 80+ Gold Fully modular Case : Empire Gaming Diamond Monitor : ACER EG240YPbipx - 23,8" - IPS - 2ms - 165Hz  Keyboard : Motospeed CK61 / Spirit of gamer XK500 Mouse : LOCX GXT133 Heaphone : Sony WH-1000X M3 Headphone

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, LightCrimson said:

Maybe the same framerate even dropping to lower res is just because vsync is active. And about shaders they're all very poorly optimised even my rtx 3070 struggle to run them at max setting depending of the place i stand in. We still need to wait for RTX feature on the java edition for optimised graphics and gameplay instead of shaders.

Hello, sorry for responding to this old post, but even with that, my graphics card doesn't support hardware raytracing, and I had v-sync off

Try changing something in shader options, it's usually something that doesn't affect gameplay, but rather fps, experiment my friend, I had same problem and I had to solve it every time diffrently with different shaders