New Build - Can't get into BIOS Settings - ASUS TUF X570-Plus

Lithoniel

Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster.

Put together my new build this afternoon and now I'm struggling.

I managed to get into the BIOS settings with no issue, processor, RAM, M.2 was all found with no issues.

I then restarted and tried to boot with a WIN 10 USB inserted and now my keyboard won't respond at all and I cannot get back into BIOS.

I've tried resetting the CMOS and RTC Jumpers, but no change.

Motherboard: ASUS Tuf X570-Plus

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

RAM: Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600

GPU Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3070.

Please tell me there's something simple I've missed.

Thanks, Lithoniel.

20210305-180205.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lithoniel said:

Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster.

Put together my new build this afternoon and now I'm struggling.

I managed to get into the BIOS settings with no issue, processor, RAM, M.2 was all found with no issues.

I tried to reboot with a WIN 10 USB inserted and now my keyboard won't respond at all and I cannot get back into BIOS.

Motherboard: ASUS Tuf X570-Plus

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

RAM: Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600

GPU Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3070.

Please tell me there's something simple I've missed.

Thanks, Lithoniel.

20210305-180205.jpg

try updating bios especially on a newer cpu it can fix some bugs

12 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

try updating bios especially on a newer cpu it can fix some bugs

I cannot get past the TUF Gaming boot screen to get into BIOS settings at all to update.

Insert your keybopard in diferent USB slot

8 minutes ago, jj_ said:

Insert your keybopard in diferent USB slot

I've tried every slot and two different keyboards.

Like I said, I got into the BIOS with no issues, everything was detected, now there's no response.

I've made a BIOS Update USB, but my motherboard doesn't have a BIOS Update button or USB slot.

2 hours ago, Lithoniel said:

That's strange, shorting the CLRTC pins should take you straight to the AMI page on boot. What are you using to short the pins? 

1 hour ago, Lithoniel said:

I've made a BIOS Update USB, but my motherboard doesn't have a BIOS Update button or USB slot.

If your BIOS was corrupted it would boot right to the ASUS EZ Flash 3 utility if the update USB is plugged in. Another option if you have a DVD player, you can use the mobo support DVD.

2 hours ago, Lithoniel said:

I then restarted and tried to boot with a WIN 10 USB inserted and now my keyboard won't respond at all and I cannot get back into BIOS

When you reboot, does it just stay at the ASUS tuf gaming screen or does it boot normally in to windows? Normally meaning it doesnt bluescreen before login screen.

Just now, SmoothOperat0r said:

When you reboot, does it just stay at the ASUS tuf gaming screen or does it boot normally in to windows? Normally meaning it doesnt bluescreen before login screen.

And my last guess, any chance you had a virus on that USB somehow? Did you format before creating the boot drive?

5 minutes ago, SmoothOperat0r said:

It just stays on the TUF Gaming screen, I am unable to press F2 or Del to enter the BIOS, I tried a different keyboard I borrowed from a friend and still nothing. 

There's no blue screen, just straight to the TUF Gaming load. 

4 minutes ago, SmoothOperat0r said:

And my last guess, any chance you had a virus on that USB somehow? Did you format before creating the boot drive?

The USB was formatted before creating the boot drive. 

I've not been able to install windows yet as I encountered this problem and seem to be locked out of BIOS. 

4 minutes ago, Lithoniel said:

It just stays on the TUF Gaming screen, I am unable to press F2 or Del to enter the BIOS, I tried a different keyboard I borrowed from a friend and still nothing. 

There's no blue screen, just straight to the TUF Gaming load. 

OK, so having either the BIOS update USB or the Windows Install USB plugged in makes no difference correct? And when you said before you've tried resetting the CMOS, so you pulled out the battery and waited for the caps to drain correct?

2 minutes ago, SmoothOperat0r said:

OK, so having either the BIOS update USB or the Windows Install USB plugged in makes no difference correct? And when you said before you've tried resetting the CMOS, so you pulled out the battery and waited for the caps to drain correct?

Yeah unplugged everything, removed the GPU to get to the battery and left it for a good 5 minutes or so. 

Nothing with either USB inserted. 

3 minutes ago, Lithoniel said:

Yeah unplugged everything, removed the GPU to get to the battery and left it for a good 5 minutes or so. 

Nothing with either USB inserted. 

I would RMA the board. I know when I'm testing new RAM timings and it completely fails (orange light) to post, when I short CLRTC and boot it take me right to an AMI page asking to setup BIOS. I never see the ASUS screen on that first boot, after the AMI screen you go right into the BIOS, save changes, reset, post and then I see the ASUS screen. 

• 1 year later...

Was there ever a resolution to this? I have same exact issues with weirdly enough same exact components. Ryzen 5600, Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Gigabyte 3070, Asus Tuf X-570-plus. 

I too am curious what the resolution was. I built a PC about 6 months back and having the identical issue. Weirdly, when I moved it to another room it booted as normal and thought everything was working. Took it back to their home office and wouldn't post. 

Stuck/freezes on the motherboard logo, unable to select boot menu, bios, or QFLASH. Attempted with 3 keyboards in each of the 5 USB slots.

System:

Win 10 x64

Aorus x570 Pro WiFi

600 W SFX Corsair 

AMD Ryzen 3500x

4x8GB Corsair DDR4 RAM

EVGA Nvidia 2060

Actions taken:

Rebooted with only 1 ram stick (cycled each stick of ram in designated dimm slot)

Tested PSU 24 and 8 pins with multimeter

Reset CMOS by pulling battery for 4min

Pulled all peripherals including additional storage SSDs when booting

Currently only GPU, CPU, 1 8gb DIMM, and NVMe SSD installed

Presently it will power up, fans spin, lights on MB work, when MoBo logo appears everything just stops.

Cannot access Boot menu or Bios to verify anything.

PLEASE HELP if anyone has any ideas. 

48 minutes ago, Azorse said:

another room

you mean in your flat/house to another room? or went to a friend and tried to start it?

why is it important? Bad power source. If you have a lot of different hardware on the same circuit it might lead to a problem. 

you could try to reproduce the problem by going in that other room and plug your system in and boot it. IF it works again get a new PSU or a UPS. 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.