I need a Case.

Abdullah Bhutta

Hi All,

I am looking for a case for my new build which can fit 2x480mm (60mm Thick) Rads and 2xD5 Pumps, Keeping in mind the aesthetics of the case too.

Thanks.

what is the max budget for the case? are there size limitations on how big it can be? any other details you want to share?

i can think of 1 case off the top of my head that can easily fit the 2x480 rads and two pumps because it is a 2 motherboard/system case. the corsair obsidian 1000d and i know this because i have been looking into this case myself. 

forgot to add that this case is $500 and comes with ZERO fans so you are goiing to have to buy the fans or use the ones from your old case. but it can support up to 30+ fans if i am correct because its sort of modable. stock it comes with fan support trays that hold 8 120mm fans on the front and 3 140mms on the top which can add rads doubling that amount of fans and the trays are swapable so you can put the 8 120mms on the tops with the 3 140mms on the front or buy additional trays and do what youi want with it.

here is the product page link Obsidian Series 1000D Super-Tower Case (corsair.com)

Edited by tdkid
additional info

10 minutes ago, tdkid said:

what is the max budget for the case? are there size limitations on how big it can be? any other details you want to share?

i can think of 1 case off the top of my head that can easily fit the 2x480 rads and two pumps because it is a 2 motherboard/system case. the corsair obsidian 1000d and i know this because i have been looking into this case myself. 

I know it can fit it but its quite big and i want two builds and if i build in 1000D Case then its very difficult in managing the 2 respective systems.

If there is another case then Please tell me (If you know)

4 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

I know it can fit it but its quite big and i want two builds and if i build in 1000D Case then its very difficult in managing the 2 respective systems.

well as far as i can tell its impossible to merge the two systems because one can have an EATX board and the other can only be an ITX as it sits on the PSU shourd or cover of the main system,

the only other case i know off off the top of my head is the thermaltake core w200 but i dont think it can support 2x480mm rads or 2xD5 pumps. you might be able to if you do one on one side and one on the other but i dont know about this one as i havent looked into it.

the only other adivce i can give which is not helpful is to search dual system PC case and see what you find.

"Keeping in mind the aesthetics of the case" is meaningless because we have no idea what aesthetic you prefer.

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 can fit dual systems, and has two 480mm rad mounting positions. I don't know if you could fit two 480mm rads and two pumps though. And like the 1000D, it's meant to be one ATX/E-ATX system and one ITX system. If you want a case that will fit two full ATX systems at once, I don't think that exists. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

41 minutes ago, tdkid said:

well as far as i can tell its impossible to merge the two systems because one can have an EATX board and the other can only be an ITX as it sits on the PSU shourd or cover of the main system,

the only other case i know off off the top of my head is the thermaltake core w200 but i dont think it can support 2x480mm rads or 2xD5 pumps. you might be able to if you do one on one side and one on the other but i dont know about this one as i havent looked into it.

the only other adivce i can give which is not helpful is to search dual system PC case and see what you find.

I want to build and use two systems with 2x480mm Rads and 2x360mm Rads with 2 total Loops (one for the main and other for secondary system)(1st loop will be 2x480mm Rads and 2nd loop will be 2x360mm Rads)

If i were to build it in Corsair 1000D Case.

Will the 2xD5 Pumps enough to drive the power???

2 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

I want to build and use two systems with 2x480mm Rads and 2x360mm Rads with 2 total Loops (one for the main and other for secondary system)(1st loop will be 2x480mm Rads and 2nd loop will be 2x360mm Rads)

personally i have no idea as i just starting looking at the case myself but i have seen the videos from linus, jay of jaystwocents and steve from gamers nexus who have all previewed this case when it was a concept slate at computex 2017. and from those videos i want to say yes because looking at the D5 pumps they are moving up to1500 liters or 396 US gallons of liquid every hour and since most loops use about a gallon at most, that is plenty 

this is linus's video of the case. THIS CASE IS BIGGER THAN ME - CORSAIR CONCEPT SLATE - YouTube

13 hours ago, tdkid said:

and from those videos i want to say yes because looking at the D5 pumps they are moving up to1500 liters or 396 US gallons of liquid every hour and since most loops use about a gallon at most, that is plenty 

Man this is the rating with no pressure whats so ever...and if there is pressure and resistance then its a whole different story.

12 hours ago, tkitch said:

Up to 5 Radiators, Dual Systems, and...  well...  anything you could possibly want.

Will one D5 Pump be enough to drive the madness?

1 hour ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Man this is the rating with no pressure whats so ever...and if there is pressure and resistance then its a whole different story.

what do you mean?

29 minutes ago, tdkid said:

what do you mean?

I mean if the pump is connected to a long loop with more 90 Deg turns and stuff.... It will take more power to move liquid through the whole loop from the Pump Outlet to the Pump Inlet.

3 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

I mean if the pump is connected to a long loop with more 90 Deg turns and stuff.... It will take more power to move liquid through the whole loop from the Pump Outlet to the Pump Inlet.

i am going to say yes and no because it would require more power but not enough to notice unless you have like a 400w PSU only in which it might sturggle but take a look at the video i linked about linus at computex when the corsair obsidian 1000d was still a concept slate. they only have 1 pump for the entire system with the entire loop going from and to all the radiators, GPUs, CPUs and all the tubing.

but here is jays from jaystwocents on water cooling pumps. Pumps and Reservoirs - What to look for when shopping - YouTube

one other VERY important detail is water cooling your PC requires more maintainence than just air cooling would. yes that is a no duh moment but i mean that its a good idea to drain, clean and refill the system at least once a year. and with the 1000d weighing a minimum of 40lbs, make sure its easy to get to.

and here is linus on water cooling. linus tech tips water cooling - YouTube

23 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

imo 2 case are better then one. look at my build long to see...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

22 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

moutenmods sell a 2 pc case as well and i think phantek s well. but the phantek is only itx i think.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

23 hours ago, Middcore said:

"Keeping in mind the aesthetics of the case" is meaningless because we have no idea what aesthetic you prefer.

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 can fit dual systems, and has two 480mm rad mounting positions. I don't know if you could fit two 480mm rads and two pumps though. And like the 1000D, it's meant to be one ATX/E-ATX system and one ITX system. If you want a case that will fit two full ATX systems at once, I don't think that exists. 

thermatake core 200 and i think moutenmods sell one

well the power from the pumps comes from the motherboard header if i am correct so i want to say yes it will have enough power especially since you want 2 seperate loops for two seperate systems in one case. 2 different power supplies will be needed as i dont think that is a PSU out there that can do to systems in one even if they have the rating to they are not designed that way. so since 2 PSUs will be used. one for one system and loop and the other one for the other system and loop. and most dual system cases like the thermatake core W200, thermaltake tower 900 and corsair obsidian 1000d have a second power and reset switchs for the second system in the case.

10 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

@TheNaitsyrk Might be able to help here. One D5 for 2 480x60mm rads?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

12 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

It's plenty large to handle more than one pump, I'm sure.  (Although not many people would need 5 Rads that this thing can hold)

7 hours ago, tdkid said:

well the power from the pumps comes from the motherboard header if i am correct so i want to say yes it will have enough power especially since you want 2 seperate loops for two seperate systems in one case. 2 different power supplies will be needed as i dont think that is a PSU out there that can do to systems in one even if they have the rating to they are not designed that way. so since 2 PSUs will be used. one for one system and loop and the other one for the other system and loop. and most dual system cases like the thermatake core W200, thermaltake tower 900 and corsair obsidian 1000d have a second power and reset switchs for the second system in the case.

the tower 900 not a duel system case. d5 pumps are molex. phantec had a thing were you could do 2 pcs with 1 psu.

16 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

ya skinny labs did test way back then on pc stuff and one of witch was 90 vs custom 90 were they put something in the tube and heat it up in water make the 180 then cool it off. (hmm cant find a pic or a video on how to do it...but it was a thing to make a sharper corner with soft tubing)

so ya more 90 the slower the water will move.

Edited by thrasher_565

9 hours ago, Voluspa said:

One D5 for 2 480x60mm rads?

No, One D5 for 3x480mm (60mm Thick)

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

so ya more 90 the slower the water will move.

So will 1xD5 be enough for 3x480mm (60mm Thick)?

14 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the tower 900 not a duel system case. d5 pumps are molex. phantec had a thing were you could do 2 pcs with 1 psu.

it looks like it is because of the dual water cooling system in it for the product page but looking closer you are right and they are just colling the GPUs on one loop and the CPU on the other.

11 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

No, One D5 for 3x480mm (60mm Thick)

So will 1xD5 be enough for 3x480mm (60mm Thick)?

i do not know the exact release date of the D5 pump as i just started building my own PCs a few years ago but make sure to watch the videos from linus, jaystwocents and gamers nexus about the corsair 1000d case. i am not trying to push you into buying the case, take a look at what is inside of of. specifically the water loop. i see only 1 pump in the entire system where there are 2x480mm rads and what looks to be a 420mm rad so 3x480s shouldnt be a problem but with what it sounds like to me, you are planning on replacing the top 3x140mm fan support bracket with a 2 4x120mm bracket. so i would suggest you do 2 rads on the 2 systems,

7 minutes ago, tdkid said:

it looks like it is because of the dual water cooling system in it for the product page but looking closer you are right and they are just colling the GPUs on one loop and the CPU on the other.

i do not know the exact release date of the D5 pump as i just started building my own PCs a few years ago but make sure to watch the videos from linus, jaystwocents and gamers nexus about the corsair 1000d case. i am not trying to push you into buying the case, take a look at what is inside of of. specifically the water loop. i see only 1 pump in the entire system where there are 2x480mm rads and what looks to be a 420mm rad so 3x480s shouldnt be a problem but with what it sounds like to me, you are planning on replacing the top 3x140mm fan support bracket with a 2 4x120mm bracket. so i would suggest you do 2 rads on the 2 systems,

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

12 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

you are welcome. i just started learning how to build PCs myself and us helping each other learn is sometimes more helpful than the people who have been here for years going "this is what you need" which does help but its kind of the old analogy of "give a man a fish...." and it helps more in the long run to teach someone something or why it works best.

i will be looking more into these pumps and other water cooling components more closely as i am planning on replacing my current case and may be getting the 1000d.