x570 to replace x370

Well there's the title so there's not much to say about it just that i want to replace the x370 c6h i got with a new motherboard i have the 3700x and just heard the support for above 4g decode not enough just to justify but more because of my 3000 series cpu had a hand in it and it might just help a little what you peoples think about that a good motherboard that would fit in my pc? 

IMG_20210128_162028048_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, Brass_01 said:

Well there's the title so there's not much to say about it just that i want to replace the x370 c6h i got with a new motherboard i have the 3700x and just heard the support for above 4g decode not enough just to justify but more because of my 3000 series cpu had a hand in it and it might just help a little what you peoples think about that a good motherboard that would fit in my pc? 

I don't know....X570 is end of the road afaik so there is unlikely to be an upgrade path beyond Ryzen 5XXX series, whereas the X370 can still hold up functional for this time. I think it would make much more sense to wait until the next generation with a future upgrade path would be more sensible.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

I don't know....X570 is end of the road afaik so there is unlikely to be an upgrade path beyond Ryzen 5XXX series, whereas the X370 can still hold up functional for this time. I think it would make much more sense to wait until the next generation with a future upgrade path would be more sensible.

Upgrade to next gen system afterwards that leaves me with a gpu upgrade yes?

3 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

Upgrade to next gen system afterwards that leaves me with a gpu upgrade yes?

sorry don't understand what you mean, you can upgrade your GPU whenever you feel like it.

8 minutes ago, For Science! said:

sorry don't understand what you mean, you can upgrade your GPU whenever you feel like it.

Yeah well sorry for that lol it looks like the only feasible upgrade to my system for now whit out upgrading anything else like you said before  only problem with that though is the gpu's are like a endangered species now...last time i tried to get one was the 3060 lunch and that was a disaster seems waiting for a gpu does nothing for now?  

10 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

Yeah well sorry for that lol it looks like the only feasible upgrade to my system for now whit out upgrading anything else like you said before  only problem with that though is the gpu's are like a endangered species now...last time i tried to get one was the 3060 lunch and that was a disaster seems waiting for a gpu does nothing for now?  

I still don't understand, do you need to do an upgrade because your PC is underpowered for what you need it for? Upgrading for the sake of upgrading is pointless, and as you correctly identified now is not a great time in terms of stock availability.

Easy just want to make it more future proof that's all yeah my next buy is a gpu like you said gpu stock not really allowing it right now trough... 

2 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

Easy just want to make it more future proof that's all yeah my next buy is a gpu like you said gpu stock not really allowing it right now trough... 

Well, a X570 board is the least future proof thing at the moment, the X370 was future-proof at the time, people can still use it now with new CPUs. That will not be the case for X570, so don't buy that. Otherwise future-proofing is a really stupid concept that you shouldn't really buy into. 

9 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Well, a X570 board is the least future proof thing at the moment, the X370 was future-proof at the time, people can still use it now with new CPUs. That will not be the case for X570, so don't buy that. Otherwise future-proofing is a really stupid concept that you shouldn't really buy into. 

Ok the still x370 was good for what it was just missing the some features the 3700x can do  with a x570 but it would be better just to buy a gpu if i can when i can for the right price for now is not the time for that trough hopefully soon i will be able to replace the 1060 6gb gpu that i use on my current system then upgrade the rest of the system when the time is right for my current system with a upgraded gpu should last me a while...