I need recommendations about my new pc build.

Go to solution Solved by CagdasK,

Update:

I bought all of my parts so last situation of the build is:

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                       
MoBo:Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus WIFI AM4    
AIO:Enermax Liqmax III RGB 240 mm             
RAM:Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16 2x8                 
PSU:CORSAIR RM650 650W 80+ Gold              
SSD:Adata XPG SX8200 Pro                   
CASE:Zalman s4                           

GPU: ASUS 1050 Phoenix (temporary till 3060ti)

Fans: DeepCool RF120B

I am waiting some parts to arrive, i saved some money so I was able to buy 

Asus TUF Gaming VG249Q as a monitor. 

Thanks for your help!   

Budget (including currency): Approximately 6.5 thousand Turkish Liras - 900$ (Gpu not included)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: DAW(Digital Audio Workspaces such as 'Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase), Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop), Gaming (AOE2:DE CS:GO, COD:Warzone, Escape From Tarkov (may vary)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello, after ten years of dorm life finally I decided to build my pc and leave my laptop(using Macbook Pro 15' mid 2015, can't play games) behind. I work as a Sound Engineer so mostly i'll be using DAWs and planning to play games on my new PC. Most of the parts are certain but still having some problems about it. Since I live in Turkey, currency rate is very high and part prices are a bit more expensive than USA. So current state of the build is around 850$ as the specs given below. Planning a mid-range build which is up to age(semi future proof). I am planning to use my old SSD and Monitor which means my only need is in-case parts(my plan is to wait for GPU and buy a 3060TI).

I am super confused about CPU cooler since most AIO's are above my budget, my case supports 240mm AIO, I need help about CPU cooling and recommendations about build since I'll start buying parts from now on(starting from today, looking for good deals in the moment).

-Ryzen 5 5600x will be Tray so no stock cooler is included.

-Zalman S4 Plus is way cheaper than NZXTs in my country and It's not bulky for me(It's a bit tight case in terms of GPU choice and CPU cooling. *315mm GPU Space - 160mm CPU cooler height
-PSU is actually 650w but in pcpartpicker i could only find 550w version of it.

-I have no interests about parts being RGB(it can be but personally i don't like RGB)

Waiting for your help and recommendations about this build, especially in CPU cooling(can be budget AIO or effective fan cooler, part prices can be different so i'll reply and inform you about it if you have recommendations.

Thanks.

Pc Specs.png

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600x Motherboard:ASUS TUF Gaming B550m Plus (Wi-Fi) RAM:Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz CL16 (2x8) GPU:Temporary:GTX 1050 Future:RTX 3080Ti Case:Zalman S4 Plus Storage:Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512Gb PSU:Corsair RM650 80+(Gold) Display(s):ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QR 165Hz 24.5' Cooling:Arctic LIQUID FREEZER II 240mm

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

17 minutes ago, CagdasK said:

Budget (including currency): Approximately 6.5 thousand Turkish Liras - 900$ (Gpu not included)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: DAW(Digital Audio Workspaces such as 'Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase), Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop), Gaming (AOE2:DE CS:GO, COD:Warzone, Escape From Tarkov (may vary)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello, after ten years of dorm life finally I decided to build my pc and leave my laptop(using Macbook Pro 15' mid 2015, can't play games) behind. I work as a Sound Engineer so mostly i'll be using DAWs and planning to play games on my new PC. Most of the parts are certain but still having some problems about it. Since I live in Turkey, currency rate is very high and part prices are a bit more expensive than USA. So current state of the build is around 850$ as the specs given below. Planning a mid-range build which is up to age(semi future proof). I am planning to use my old SSD and Monitor which means my only need is in-case parts(my plan is to wait for GPU and buy a 3060TI).

I am super confused about CPU cooler since most AIO's are above my budget, my case supports 240mm AIO, I need help about CPU cooling and recommendations about build since I'll start buying parts from now on(starting from today, looking for good deals in the moment).

-Ryzen 5 5600x will be Tray so no stock cooler is included.

-Zalman S4 Plus is way cheaper than NZXTs in my country and It's not bulky for me(It's a bit tight case in terms of GPU choice and CPU cooling. *315mm GPU Space - 160mm CPU cooler height
-PSU is actually 650w but in pcpartpicker i could only find 550w version of it.

-I have no interests about parts being RGB(it can be but personally i don't like RGB)

Waiting for your help and recommendations about this build, especially in CPU cooling(can be budget AIO or effective fan cooler, part prices can be different so i'll reply and inform you about it if you have recommendations.

Thanks.

IMO, something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition will do fine for a 5600x or 3700x under normal conditions.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

I was really in between Ryzen 7 3700x and Ryzen 5 5600x but even i do a lot of rendering the workload of the projects wont be high, and the sad part is (which will create the most problems about this topic, i am really sorry about it) I checked your recommendation and even without the NVMe it costs $1200 

come price comparison for Turkey

-R5 5600x is cheaper than R7 3700x

-MSI B550-A is same price with TUF B550m (B550m has better onboard sound car when i am not using my external)(planning a mATX build)

-Fractal Design Meshify is 2.5x expensive than Zalman S4 PLUS same with the PSU

But i'll be looking for Crucial Ballistix, it seems decent price here and 3600 CL16 sounds way better.

Thank you and really sorry for the cross country problems, prices

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600x Motherboard:ASUS TUF Gaming B550m Plus (Wi-Fi) RAM:Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz CL16 (2x8) GPU:Temporary:GTX 1050 Future:RTX 3080Ti Case:Zalman S4 Plus Storage:Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512Gb PSU:Corsair RM650 80+(Gold) Display(s):ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QR 165Hz 24.5' Cooling:Arctic LIQUID FREEZER II 240mm

11 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

IMO, something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition will do fine for a 5600x or 3700x under normal conditions.

Thank you I'll be checking, seems like a really good budget cooler, I am a bit curious since Ryzens get really hot, planning to do really small overclocking, does it create problems with OC in small levels? 

The 5600X will suffice, so if it's cheaper then go ahead.

The B550M doesn't seem too bad, so sure, if you need the sound card as well.

If the Meshify C is too expensive, consider a MetallicGear Neo Air.
And yes like what Anirban said, consider 3600MHz CL16 RAM,

<famous quote>

2 minutes ago, CagdasK said:

Thank you I'll be checking, seems like a really good budget cooler, I am a bit curious since Ryzens get really hot, planning to do really small overclocking, does it create problems with OC in small levels? 

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition is one of the most popular and best bang for the buck cooler, which is why most PC builders typically use it or some Noctua cooler.

And no, I doubt it'd create significant problems if you overclock in small levels. If you keep it overclocked at max for the entire day constantly every day of the week, then yes you would expect to see some problems, since overclocking raises the temperature. Temps over 90°C, in my opinion, is not recommended at all. (and you shouldn't even be hitting that high anyways 😆)

<famous quote>

17 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

The 5600X will suffice, so if it's cheaper then go ahead.

The B550M doesn't seem too bad, so sure, if you need the sound card as well.

If the Meshify C is too expensive, consider a MetallicGear Neo Air.
And yes like what Anirban said, consider 3600MHz CL16 RAM,

I decided for Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz CL16 but i have a small question, I couldn't find (2x8) but they sell it as 8gb, if I buy two does it make any difference than pairs?

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition says it's not compatible with AM4 sockets, do i need different fitting or is it compatible?

and sadly I checked but no shop in Turkey sells MetallicGear products

2 minutes ago, CagdasK said:

if I buy two does it make any difference than pairs?

No difference, BUT, you need to check that the CAS timings and part numbers are the same. Different timings and type of sticks will likely cause some problems.

4 minutes ago, CagdasK said:

and sadly I checked but no shop in Turkey sells MetallicGear products

Hmm, sadly that's unfortunate.

My last idea is a Corsair 275R Airflow.

And I just saw your message about the PSU.

Try finding a Corsair CX650M, or a gold certified 650W PSU.

<famous quote>

13 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

No difference, BUT, you need to check that the CAS timings and part numbers are the same. Different timings and type of sticks will likely cause some problems.

Hmm, sadly that's unfortunate.

My last idea is a Corsair 275R Airflow.

And I just saw your message about the PSU.

Try finding a Corsair CX650M, or a gold certified 650W PSU.

Case is a really big problem in Turkey, since known brands are way more expensive than it should be and knockoff brands are too bad, same pricing with Fractal Design goes with Corsair too 😕

Sharkoon WPM Zero i'm looking in here is actually 650W and it has 80+ Gold certified(i couldn't find it on pcpartpickers site but i have it in retailers here) , is it bad?

I Found 'Crucial Ballistix BL8G36C16U4B 8 GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Ram'. Is BL8G36C16U4B its part number or should i see the case of it in order to understand it? not in pairs but i can buy 2 of them from same online retailer.

12 minutes ago, CagdasK said:

same pricing with Fractal Design goes with Corsair too

Aww, that's unfortunate. Well, I have no other ideas, so the Zalman is your only option.

15 minutes ago, CagdasK said:

Sharkoon WPM Zero i'm looking in here is actually 650W and it has 80+ Gold certified(i couldn't find it on pcpartpickers site but i have it in retailers here) , is it bad?

The Sharkoon is decent, although according to someone on Tom's Hardware, it is "strictly a budget PSU". So if you can't find any other decent gold certified 650w PSU, then go ahead with the Sharkoon.

15 minutes ago, CagdasK said:

I Found 'Crucial Ballistix BL8G36C16U4B 8 GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Ram'. Is BL8G36C16U4B its part number or should i see the case of it in order to understand it? not in pairs but i can buy 2 of them from same online retailer.

Yup, that's the correct part number for a 8GB 3600MHz stick. Make sure you double or even triple check that it is the same part number, cause the last thing you want is to buy it then it doesn't work/isn't compatible.

<famous quote>

5 hours ago, CagdasK said:

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition says it's not compatible with AM4 sockets, do i need different fitting or is it compatible?

I don't know if it's not compatible, but here's a list of alternatives from reddit. It also contains the one I mentioned... xD Just double check once you find any brand with reasonable price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ab0t23/best_budget_cooler_for_am4_under_50/

PS: This guide from microcenter says it is compatible. https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/9724/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-am4-install-guide BTW, the Evo, and the Hyper 212 Black Edition are the kinda the same.

5 hours ago, CagdasK said:

Seeing the later posts in this thread I don't know if you'll end up getting this, but this has the ability to dissipate 150W of heat. TDP of non OC'ed CPU is 65W. Having said that, it can handle light OC'ing.

37 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

BTW, the Evo, and the Hyper 212 Black Edition are the kinda the same.

If OP wants a clean build then Black Edition is decent.

But sure, I guess.

<famous quote>

5 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

I don't know if it's not compatible, but here's a list of alternatives from reddit. It also contains the one I mentioned... xD Just double check once you find any brand with reasonable price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ab0t23/best_budget_cooler_for_am4_under_50/

PS: This guide from microcenter says it is compatible. https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/9724/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-am4-install-guide BTW, the Evo, and the Hyper 212 Black Edition are the kinda the same.

4 hours ago, Jayzer said:

If OP wants a clean build then Black Edition is decent.

But sure, I guess.

Thank you, 

Updating the current situation: I searched for (2x8gb) paired Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz CL16 and I went to one of my local retailers (kinda brick and mortar), I found the case and rams, and it was a pretty decent price so build is happening asap as i said 🙂 

Case was the only one left and it was a display product without any visible problems, i checked its buttons, fans and cables, it was way cheaper than i expected.

Ram sticks were cheaper than online retailers as well (only they were selling (2x8) pairs so i wanted to be sure in order to not have problems) 

-Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 (2x8) -Bought

-Zalman S4 Plus case                                    -Bought

-Ryzen 5 5600x                                              -Searching

-Asus TUF B550m PLUS                               -Searching

-CORSAIR RM650 650W 80+ Gold               -Searching (I decided to go with Corsair one)

-Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition        -Searching (Any recommendations will help)

-NVMe                                                            -Planning (Any recommendations will help)

Currently looking for good deals that snapping online retailers, with the money I am planning to save with deals, i am planning a NVMe right now. 

I checked availability of Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition but only couple of unreliable retailers seems to sell it, so i am waiting on it right now(stocks etc.), I'll keep Hyper 212 in mind but if you have any NVMe and other cooler recommendations (can be more expensive than Hyper 212 since i had some budget left from case and ram) I would be so happy. 

note: NVMe prices are most likely 1gb=1Turkish Lira.

Thank you very much and I'll keep you updated.

Spoiler

IMAG1914.jpg

6 hours ago, CagdasK said:

but if you have any NVMe and other cooler recommendations

For NVME SSDs, I suggest going with a 500GB WD Blue SN550. I also do highly suggest adding a 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute for your Adobe Suite file storage, extra games and others, etc.

I don't have other cooler recommendations, so hopefully the Hyper 212 Black Edition gets back in stock there.

<famous quote>

Update:

I bought all of my parts so last situation of the build is:

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                       
MoBo:Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus WIFI AM4    
AIO:Enermax Liqmax III RGB 240 mm             
RAM:Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16 2x8                 
PSU:CORSAIR RM650 650W 80+ Gold              
SSD:Adata XPG SX8200 Pro                   
CASE:Zalman s4                           

GPU: ASUS 1050 Phoenix (temporary till 3060ti)

Fans: DeepCool RF120B

I am waiting some parts to arrive, i saved some money so I was able to buy 

Asus TUF Gaming VG249Q as a monitor. 

Thanks for your help!