My brand new rtx 3060 seems to be broken. Am I missing something.

Will G
Go to solution Solved by Light-Yagami,

lol.. you're running an RTX 3060 with 8GB of system memory? There's your answer.. you're pushing way to many resources around. Most of your game is running straight off the SSD/HDD to compensate for non-existent RAM, causing stutter in the process. Get another 8gb stick and your problems will go away.

Unless your card is overheating, but in that case, other games would run like crap as well.. I think it's definitely the lack of RAM.

I got my new TUF 3060 OC a few days ago (I upgraded from a GTX 1050Ti).  The performance was great for a while and I was hitting constant 100 fps + on Cold War and BFV. But now those games are extremely laggy and almost unplayable. If I play other games (valorant, bf4, r6) it seems to run okay. Any idea why it suddenly stopped running well? I reinstalled the games, the drivers. Nothing seems to work. Im running a Ryzen 7 2700x and 8GB Ram 

Just now, Will G said:

I got my new TUF 3060 OC a few days ago (I upgraded from a GTX 1050Ti).  The performance was great for a while and I was hitting constant 100 fps + on Cold War and BFV. But now those games are extremely laggy and almost unplayable. If I play other games (valorant, bf4, r6) it seems to run okay. Any idea why it suddenly stopped running well? I reinstalled the games, the drivers. Nothing seems to work. Im running a Ryzen 7 2700x and 8GB Ram 

Have you restarted your computer? I know this might seem dumb but this is usually the fix..

1 minute ago, Will G said:

and 8GB Ram 

Otherwise, thats probably your answer.. apps in the backround build up while the PC is on, thats why its probably better for you to just regularly restart or check applications in the backround until you get at least 12gb, though that also wouldnt be enough..

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

lol.. you're running an RTX 3060 with 8GB of system memory? There's your answer.. you're pushing way to many resources around. Most of your game is running straight off the SSD/HDD to compensate for non-existent RAM, causing stutter in the process. Get another 8gb stick and your problems will go away.

Unless your card is overheating, but in that case, other games would run like crap as well.. I think it's definitely the lack of RAM.

7 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

I agree COD is a very heavy ram and GPU game and a RTX 3060 should have no problem handling a game like COD and having 8GB of ram is way to low for gaming you should at least have 16.

4 minutes ago, NotLinked said:

I agree COD is a very heavy ram and GPU game and a RTX 3060 should have no problem handling a game like COD and having 8GB of ram is way to low for gaming you should at least have 16.

If you want to reply to the original poster, you need to tag them or reply to their original comment. He doesn't see this one. Only I got the message that you replied to me.

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

If you want to reply to the original poster, you need to tag them or reply to their original comment. He doesn't see this one. Only I got the message that you replied to me.

oh Thanks I'm still new to this website lol

COD is a very heavy ram and GPU game and a RTX 3060 should have no problem handling a game like COD and having 8GB of ram is way to low for gaming you should at least have 16.

36 minutes ago, Will G said:

Thanks guys I'm gonna get some more Ram off my brother. The Ram didnt even come to mind

Do you know what RAM type it is?