New Gaming PC Build Advice

Trillogy

Budget (including currency): $2,000 - $3,000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Currently I am using my PC primarily for gaming (WarZone, Call Of Duty, Valorant, Modded Minecraft) but in the near future will be starting programming classes in college. I also would like to be able to stream to twitch and record gameplay for future content creation. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Currently I'm running a GTX 1070 and an intel i5 (not sure what model at this point to be honest) with 16gb of DDR4 RAM. I'm running a duel monitor set up but with the new build would like to switch to a triple monitor set up. I like to play games on 1440p with 144hz refresh rate but would like to be able to run comfortably at 240hz with the new build since I'll be upgrading my monitors. I plan on buying in the next couple months if parts are able to be found! 

Thanks guys in advance for the advice. Anything helps because I know a little about PC's but I'm not super educated on building them!

5 minutes ago, Trillogy said:

Budget (including currency): $2,000 - $3,000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Currently I am using my PC primarily for gaming (WarZone, Call Of Duty, Valorant, Modded Minecraft) but in the near future will be starting programming classes in college. I also would like to be able to stream to twitch and record gameplay for future content creation. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Currently I'm running a GTX 1070 and an intel i5 (not sure what model at this point to be honest) with 16gb of DDR4 RAM. I'm running a duel monitor set up but with the new build would like to switch to a triple monitor set up. I like to play games on 1440p with 144hz refresh rate but would like to be able to run comfortably at 240hz with the new build since I'll be upgrading my monitors. I plan on buying in the next couple months if parts are able to be found! 

Thanks guys in advance for the advice. Anything helps because I know a little about PC's but I'm not super educated on building them!

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard $189.99 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory $173.99 @ B&H
Storage Mushkin Pilot-E 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $109.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case $99.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $119.99 @ Newegg
Custom AMD 5900x $549.00
Custom RTX 3080 FE $699.99
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $2005.93
  Mail-in rebates -$10.00
  Total $1995.93
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-02 15:22 EST-0500  

This build is a little weird because I added some unnecessary things such as 32gb of ram or a 5900x. Let me know what you think about this, maybe click the links and see if you like the aesthetics of the items, and I can always re-build the list if you need. For the aesthetic, do you want to go white, black, some other color? You like RGB? How much? Ect. 
Also, for the build advice: Pre PC build watch list - YouTube
My list, LTT videos. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Hey! I'm liking the build, I was planning on getting 32gb of RAM and a 5900x just to prolong the build because who knows when I'll be able to afford a rebuild. Colors are also clean, I'm honestly not very picky at all with colors. Usually I'm a mostly black with some RGB colors thrown in just to add some spice to the set up