Internet sharing not working

so im trying to send my Wi-Fi connection over ethernet but i'm getting stuck at selecting my ethernet connection in the sharing tab. im trying to send wifi to ethernet and only ethernet 4 is showing up

1594027414_internetsharingthing.PNG.d55f30d5d74112dba90f594760801dee.PNG

I'm a little confused. When you share the Wi-Fi adapters Internet connect you don't need to select anything. It automatically starts sharing out your Ethernet port.

5 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I'm a little confused. When you share the Wi-Fi adapters Internet connect you don't need to select anything. It automatically starts sharing out your Ethernet port.

I have tried using a raspberry pi and have noticed that it I can share the wifi to the raspberry pi no problems so I'm thinking it's a windows setting on one of the pcs

1 minute ago, Funnysubject said:

I have tried using a raspberry pi and have noticed that it I can share the wifi to the raspberry pi no problems so I'm thinking it's a windows setting on one of the pcs

Did you set a static IP on the windows guest? That would prevent it from collecting an IP from this shared internet connection.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you set a static IP on the windows guest? That would prevent it from collecting an IP from this shared internet connection.

No haven't tried that I will try doing that, bit of a dumb question but what should I set for the ip address and the subnet mask? I'm a noob when it comes to ip address and things like that I know how to do it put I don't know what numbers to set

57 minutes ago, Funnysubject said:

No haven't tried that I will try doing that, bit of a dumb question but what should I set for the ip address and the subnet mask? I'm a noob when it comes to ip address and things like that I know how to do it put I don't know what numbers to set

I mean to say leave it on DHCP. Don't set a Static IP. I was asking if you did because that would be one possible explanation as to why Windows isn't working with it.

If you plug it in does Windows recognize that a network is there? Does the interface collect an IP?

17 hours ago, Funnysubject said:

so im trying to send my Wi-Fi connection over ethernet but i'm getting stuck at selecting my ethernet connection in the sharing tab. im trying to send wifi to ethernet and only ethernet 4 is showing up

1594027414_internetsharingthing.PNG.d55f30d5d74112dba90f594760801dee.PNG

Is 'Ethernet 4' a physical or virtual adapter? If you're not using it, try disabling it and share the WiFi connection again to see if 'Ethernet' is selectable.

54 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Is 'Ethernet 4' a physical or virtual adapter? If you're not using it, try disabling it and share the WiFi connection again to see if 'Ethernet' is selectable.

Ethernet 4 is a virtual adapter

3 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

i disable ethernet 4 and now the option is gone completly