I upgraded my CPU from i54570 to i7 4790, but my PC got slower

Tbzmike

My build is , Asus z97 pro gaming motherboard,

MSI GTX 1070 8gb, 20 GB DDR3 1600mhz rams, WDM SSD 240gb, 2tb HHD , 700watt psu,my maximum CPU temp during gaming is 75 degrees Celsius, and GPU temp max is 51 degrees Celsius,. But my horizon 4 fps averaged 34fps and gta5 averaged 40fps all in high settings , so weird, I was getting 50 to 60fps plus on my i5 4570 in Ulta settings, 

Suddenly I decided to overclock my GPU, boom ! My horizon 4 for with vsinc enabled stays a 60fps , but gtav crashes, and again my horizon 4 now it's no longer opening, crashing at startup, 

Oc done with MSI afterburner, I only touched the core , power limit, temp and memory sliders in afterburner , games are crashing,

I reset afterburner , they are still crash6,plz help

Hmm... There is a possibility that the CPU had bad PCIe connection, although you might really need to ask someone to inspect your system physically.

Another thing I can think of is BIOS incompatibility, but that was a bit far fetched.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

First of all you should not expect much from such upgrade, you only get HT and slightly higher frequency, so depending on game you might get anywhere from nothing to something like ~20% improvement. And theoretically you can even have lower performance in some cases, because HT can reduce single thread performance a bit sometimes.

As for crashing - do basic trouble shooting first. Disable ALL overclocking, GPU, CPU, RAM (even disable XMP if you have it on), run memtest, check all temperatures stay within reasonable range. Try resetting bios settings.

Try reassembling whole system and cleaning all the contacts, if it does not help - try  installing old CPU, and if it helps then you've got damaged 4790.

If it does not the next reasonable thing to try would be different videocard, because OC can cause damage when you are not careful and are playing with stuff like power/temp limit, and you started getting issues after you've played with OC, so there is always this possibility...

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv